Wednesday 1 October 2014

Christmas Cards

Hello!

Happy Wednesday - I hope your week is going well :)

Just a quick post from me with a few Christmas cards that I have made to add to my supplies - I feel very organised this year!


This card is for Merry Monday's Challenge to use stripes, polka dots or both on your card.  I have used both with a dotty sentiment from Hero Arts and a stripy stencil from Simon Says Stamp.  My current favourite Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die and some holly leaves to finish. 

Next up I have made a second card for Waltzingmouse Fanatics current challenge to make a Christmas card:



I used the lovely mistletoe stamp and die from Waltzingmouse's Festive Foliage.  I watercoloured the mistletoe, glazed the berries and tied with twine.  I stamped the pine cones on kraft to add some interest to the background panel.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  I like the rustic look of this card :)

Thanks for stopping by - I hope to see you again soon!

Sarah x

18 comments:

  1. I love both cards but especially the first one which caught my eye in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Merry Monday card - perfect take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love how your style always shines through, and that your creations stand out in every gallery! Great job on both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love the Merry Monday card, the stripes are great and the polka dot sentiment is perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are simply fabuolous! I love the bunch of mistletoe and the stamped background. Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those fading lines on your first! A stunning card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just delightful Sarah. Love the dots and stripes on your Christmas card for Merry Monday, thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards, Sarah. I love that the stripes fade on the first one, and the pinecone background is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! I love your WM one - that is my fave of their Christmas stamps as you may have guessed! Thanks for playing.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your MM card entry! Creative holly and love the way you did your stripes. The whole card just jumped out at me in the linkup over at MM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both really pretty, Sarah - especially love the 1st one with the faded stripey background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both such fabulous, festive cards, Sarah ... great colours on the first and that mistletoe on the second ... gorgeous! I see WMF also thought so too ... congratulations on your win over there! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Sarah! Thanks for the inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card for our challenge is so soft and subtle. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We loved your stripes and dots and your card was chosen the winner at Merry Monday! Let me know if you would like to be our Guest Designer next week. bon2stamp(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS, Sarah on your win!!! will look forward to your guest design next week - it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards! I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Sarah - your card is fabulous! Have fun guest designing :)

    ReplyDelete