Saturday 30 April 2016

Less is More #274

Hello!

Hurray for a bank holiday weekend here in the UK :)  I have got so many chores to do in the garden this weekend so I hope it stays dry!  Anyway, I am sure you are here for our weekly Less is More challenge and this week it is a really fun one to use patterned paper in a CAS way. 

Although, I have loads of patterned papers in my stash I rarely use them as I feel that the patterns will overwhelm my design.  However, I did get a few cards made using patterned paper this week:

First up I used one of my favourite Memory Box butterfly dies with some MFT papers.  I simply used the die several times on the different colours and on white to create the white outline and pieced in the different butterflies like a jigsaw.  The defined pops of colour on the white base look nice and clean!



While I had the MFT papers out, I decided to make a birthday card for my youngest.  He is not 11 until July so I am really planning ahead but he is unlikely to look at my blog :)  The cute panda is from MFT and I simply cut a strip of paper for the grass and used the paper with some number balloon dies from Avery Elle.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and a strip of paper down the edge completes the design. 

 
Finally, I have gone bold and graphic for a masculine card!  I die cute the 50 and stacked it up on several layers combined with a die cut frame from some striped patterned paper.

 
Hopefully these cards illustrate 3 different looks with patterned paper but you will have loads more ideas, I am sure!  Head over to the Less is More blog to see what the fab DT have been up to and this week we are also joined by the lovely Esther from The Carnelian Wood who is a great supporter of LIM and makes gorgeous CAS cards.  If you have not visited her blog before, you are in for a treat :)
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

18 comments:

  1. Three great designs, Sarah. Love your pieced together butterflies, they look gorgeous in the chevron papers. And your son will love the panda card I'm sure. What a great way to use these papers, love those balloons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! You've given me a flash of inspiration with the second card - I now know how to use some papers I've been previously stumped by! (Watch this space...) The butterflies on the first card look great, really crisp and a lovely pop of colour against the white, and card 3 is a perfect stylish card with its clean lines and bold layout. Three great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cards as ever Sarah, great to see the DP used in differing ways...love that little panda too!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely way to use up paper by building a landscape with them, great idea, fab cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again I'm swooning over your awesome stash of dies and stamps Sarah! Love the elegant butterfly trio and those papers work a treat there. Love, love, love the cute panda card and brilliant little numbered balloons. Fun and fantastic 50 and so stylish. Have a fab weekend. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three cards show perfectly that patterned paper can be used to make CAS cards! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three wonderful cards, I particularly like the butterflies. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect way to incorporate the pattern paper to compliment the design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards all perfectly CAS !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards all perfectly CAS !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your cards are stunning! Especially love the butterflies!! Thanks for inspiring!
    Do drop by and play Paru's Card Making Challenges!
    http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all three! I think my favorite is the butterflies, though~

    ReplyDelete
  14. The butterflies look stunning against the white background Sarah - love that panda card though ! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The butterflies are my favourite but all three cards are super.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My! You have really showcased how designer papers can be used in such different ways on CAS cards Sarah! Love them all but I have a real weakness for the fantastic butterflies.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must admit when I saw your card, I remembered my Memory box die with leaves.
    Your card was such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete