Saturday 7 January 2017

Less Is More #310

Hello!

Well, we are now properly in to 2017 and back to the usual routines of school and work....and to our weekly Less is More Challenge.   This week is a colour challenge and we are challenging you to use OMBRE (in any colour) on your designs.  I came up with a few cards:

 
 
I created a blue ombre effect on a piece of cardstock using my trusty Distress Inks and cut a butterfly die cut from Memory Box from it.  Simply adhered this to a card base and added a sentiment from Mama Elephant.  I love the crisp look of blue and white together and the ombre effect creates a dreamy look. 



I was obviously still in blue and white mode with my second card which I created by masking a panel on the card base and inking the blues to create an ombre effect.  The star is a another Memory Box die cut and the sentiment is from MFT.  A few stars and gems complete the simple design.

I shall add this card at Simon's Wednesday Challenge which is New Something.

I hope you like my simple take on ombre - the DT have lots more great inspiration for you over at the Less is More blog.  I look forward to seeing what you create this week!

Thanks, as always for stopping by :)

Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Such beautiful ink blending on both of these cards. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ombre! Very beautiful two cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like my hot yellow and orange tones but I'm loving all these blues on your cards Sarah. Those butterflies are just swoon worthy and what a lovely idea for a baby card with the dangling star ... hmmm think I've got that die too! Thanks for the inspiration and have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inks are so beautifully blended, Sarah. I love that darling new baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your simple take on ombre with this CASlicious butterfly beauty, Sarah! The flow you achieved is awesome!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous CAS creations love the beautiful ombre blues such calming colours and beautifully done.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous inking and contrast, Sarah! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “New Something” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning blending Sarah! It is all so super smooth and so many shades of blue too. Fantastic. I agree about the colour choice, the blue and white makes for fantastically crisp cards and it is lovely to see the variety of the two different designs using the same technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE blue and white, and these are both stunning examples of how great they look together. Totally fabulous blending and a great idea to use the star die to mimic a baby mobile xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...I must say, the star card is a fantastic design, one I shall remember for sometime. Both cards are beautiful AND adaptable.

    ReplyDelete