Saturday 6 May 2017

Less is More #327

Hello!

It is an exciting week for us at Less is More as we welcome three fantastic new members to our design team!  I am sure that if you play along with us on a regular basis you will have had the opportunity to admire gorgeous cards in our gallery from Nonni, Izzy and Trina.  I am sure you will make them feel very welcome - we certainly feel lucky to have them on board :)

As always on a Saturday morning it is time for our next challenge which, this week is a colour challenge:


I came up with 2 cards:

 
I do love this colour combo!  Here I paired an inked yellow sun with a sizzix bird die cute in contrasting greys.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant.  I will also link this up at CASology where this week's cue card is Flow.

 
I used some fab Stamplorations did on this card with some ombre yellow inking and a grey drop shadow under the sentiment.
 
As we are starting a new month, we also have a new sponsor - the fabulous Uniko.  The new release goes live today so do check out the gorgeous stamps that are on offer.  I will be back at 9am with our release day blog hop :)
 
Uniko
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you again soon,
 
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Loving the bold look of these cards, Sarah - so effective and impactful! The bird against the inked sun is awesome, a super look, and the intricate scrolls of the butterfly on the second card are beautiful. Gorgeous grey and yellow examples and very inspiring <3 Have a fab weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that bird die is fab, I could do with some layering dies in my stash. Love the design with the sun behind and the lovely font of the sentiment. Great ombre shading on your second and I love the grey accents from the border and the drop shadow. Both really classy makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made two fab cards here Sarah. Love the graphic look of them and the bold and vibrant yellow looks incredible with the smoky grey and crisp white. That bird die is something else (would you please go away with this enabling me ;-) ha ha) and the card looks almost oriental. Loving the shadow technique on the sentiment on your second card - beautiful. Have a fantastic week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards but the first one is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, Sarah. Love the bird against the "sun" and the Ombré. I have that hello sunshine die and can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Sarah ! WOW this bird over the yellow sun is so eye-catching and the sentiment is also beautiful ! I also love this intricate butterfly die and your shadow you have made with the sentiment ! Thanks for your lovely words in your introduction and I'm very happy to be part of your team ! Enjoy your WE and have a fabulous week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tis a fab colour combo. Wonderful die cuts too - the grey is a softer complement to the yellows than black x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super happy to be in the same team with you again, Sarah! I've always admired your cards and these 2 make no exception. You've used the exact STAMPlorations dies that will be in my next order! How funny is that! :) It's great how different the color combo looks depending on which one is the more dominant color. Your second card is pure sunshine in a card and the first one has a very soothing look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What incredible dies Sarah, both cards really pop, full of beauty and classic CAS. Both winners in my eyes and you've done a great job with the colours too. Love em! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well how spooky Sarah...I just had an email from Sizzix with that exact same bird die on it and I was debating whether to order it and then I saw your card! Now I definitely want it. Your cards are always so beautiful and I also love that butterfly die. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is the name of that Bird die? I cant find it on the sizzix page and I want it really bad!

    ReplyDelete