Friday 16 March 2018

Sunshine and Flowers

Hello!

It still feels quite wintry here but I see that lots of challenges are celebrating spring and easter so I am happy to play along in the hope that it won't be long until I see sunshine again :)

First up is a card that I have made for Time Out who are celebrating their 4th birthday!  Congrats to Sandie and the DT for keeping us all inspired.  I decided to focus on the sunshine part of the inspiration quote.....


I inked through my geometric circle stencil and die cut a circle in the centre to create an aperture.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  Here is the quote that inspired my design:

 

I have also been playing with my alcohol inks recently but don't always know what to do with the results.  On my next card I used one of the alcohol ink backgrounds to paper piece this pretty die from Memory Box.


I love the vibrancy of the petals against all of the white space!  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  I shall link up at The Flower Challenge where Anything Goes and at Simon's Wednesday Challenge as the colours work really well with the spring moodboard.

I hope you are looking forward to a crafty weekend!  See you again soon,

Sarah x



9 comments:

  1. I love your card and Im so glad I came to look cause the wrong one linked in linky. I knew it would turn out to be different. This flower I love, I think I have seen it before. Its just a stunner, so CAS and eye catching and wow. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aileen - I am glad that you came by. I don't know why the wrong one linked up....my last entry did that too and I am sure I selected the right card!

      Delete
  2. oh this makes my heart happy! What a gorgeous ombre look the sunshine has...oh you could enter it into AAA! And it goes so well with the dramatic black sentiment. Thank you for your kind words and joining us at Time Out. I have avoided the latest trend of alcohol inks....I hardly use my brushos, but you second card is beautifully CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are both so pretty, the pop of pink in the second one looks fantastic.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ombre' stenciling of your pseudo-sun is wonderful, Sarah, and the flower is magnificent. The colors are bold enough to hold their own on all the white space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek Sarah, that flower is stunning!!!! I've never tried alcohol inks and keep seeing gorgeous projects like this all over blogland. I must get my hands on some soon!! The flower colours just pop off that white background, its such a crisp and modern design. And love the geometric idea for the sun, looks so cool, especially with the die-cut middle. Your so good with your CAS designs and I'm so excited to see you celebrating with us at TIME OUT and playing along at The Flower Challenge too!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two stunning stunning cards in this post, Sarah! I love this circle stencil of yours and by the way I've been browsing through your shop earlier today -I'm definitely going to buy some of your stencils at some point. I might wait until I come to England the next time so I can save some in the postage by ordering the stencils to Sandie's or Marina's whom I'll be visiting! :) Anyway, back to your cards -I especially love the die cut circle in your first card. Great idea to add some detail that way. Thanks for joining our birthday festivities at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your second card - amazing!!!!! Congrats on your win a t the Flower challenge - so well deserved - my personal favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! wow.. why didnt I see it on IG? Congrats for the Flower challenge, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete