Sunday 3 June 2018

More Lions

Hello!

I have been making more cards with my new geometric lion stencil - this is so versatile and works perfectly for mens cards and lots of occasions.  Because it has a stylised geometric look it can also be used in lots of different colour ways.  Here is a very bright card that I came up with to prove the point!


I inked up the lion in a range of distress oxides and popped him up over some grungy style stamps from Lisa Horton and Dina Wakely which had been stamped in black and colours to echo the lion.  The sentiment is from Visible Image.  I think this card makes a real statement!!

However, I also inked up the lion stencil in more natural yellows and browns to make this card:


I simply inked up half of the lion's face on one side of the card and then turned it over to do the other half of the card.  That is one of the benefits of stencils as it is easy to reverse the image.  The grasses across the bottom of the card are from Tonic and the sentiment is from CASual Fridays.  This would potentially make a great card for father's day :)

I hope you like my geometric lion....I think he is fun!  Don't forget to check him and my other stencils out in my Folksy store.

Thanks as always for stopping by,

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment