Saturday 8 September 2018

More cardmaking

Hello!

It has been a rainy day here so I have been able to indulge myself with plenty of crafting and also playing with some new stencils that I am looking forward to sharing with you :)  

First though I want to share a card that I have made with one of my favourite designs - Elegant Lady.  I was inspired to ink it up by the card that the fabulous Anita made for this week's Muse Challenge.....


I simply inked up a background using distress inks - Crushed Olive, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Stormy Sky and splattered that with some water.  I then inked through the stencil with Ground Espresso Distress Ink and added some words from Altenew.  I shall link up with Muse as the sentiment and image are directly inspired by Anita's lovely card despite the fact that I used a very different colour combination!  I will also link up at Simon's Monday Challenge where they want to see stamping on your project.

Next up is a card that I have made with a new christmas tree stencil.  I decided to go for a non-traditional christmas colour combo:


I simply inked through the tree in Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide and added one of my mdf stars which has been painted in Starlight paints.  When I was sure that the ink was dry, I white embossed the sentiment (from MFT, I think) and added some snowflakes from Card-io and some inking and glitter at the bottom of the card to ground my tree.  I shall link up at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge where the optional twist is tree and at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where stamping is also the theme.

This tree stencil is really easy to work with and includes two different tree designs:


You can find it, along with the Elegant Lady and other stencils in my Foksy shop :)

Sarah x



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful sponging on your MUSE card background Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are so lovely and I really like how each one is so unique! The beautiful ombre effect on the fist card is gorgeous and the pops of black are absolutely stunning! On the second card, the color palette is soft and refreshing and perfect for the holidays! These were original and made me smile. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Muse card - I love that blended background.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of the stencil. Love the colours for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dramatic look! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that colour palette, Sarah. I really must start reaching for my less used colours, some of them are so effective. And thank YOU for creating this awesome stencil. I'm loving your new tree stencil too, it's so cute! Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Sarah! I'm really loving the 'Elegant Lady' stencil...your ink blending really made her pop on this card! Love your trees, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your christmas card. It is absolutely beautiful! I love how you created a snow ground for your tree. Really pretty! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a lovely day! xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful use of stencils -thanks for joining us at HLS this month!

    ReplyDelete