Monday 26 August 2019

Bank Holiday Christmas!

Hello!

It is a very hot bank holiday monday here in the UK so it feels strange to be making christmas cards but I have been playing with the new Folksy Christmas and Fa La La stamp sets which were released on Saturday.  Remember that you have until midnight tonight to purchase anything in store with a 10% discount when using the code FUNKY10 at checkout.  I am also running a giveaway on the blog here so leave a comment before midnight tonight to be in with a chance of winning your fave stamp set!


I had another play at wreath building on the card using elements from both Fa La La and Folksy Christmas to create the inner wreath and white embossing the holly detail from the Merry Christmas sentiment on the outside frame.


Here I paired my Nordic Star stencil with the Noel sentiment from Fa La La - I wanted to show that the sentiment doesn't just have to be stamped as a block if you don't want to.  Simply mask off the lower letters when stamping the first time and then mask off the top letters to get the sentiment to stamp in a line.  Navy and Kraft gives a lovely scandi feel.


The sentiment is the focal point on this card and I stamped it in pink, aqua and mint.  Elements from Folksy Christmas and Fa La La have been stamped in pale grey in the background.

I hope this gives you a feel for how versatile the stamp sets are:

  

You can check out all 5 sets from the new release in my online store - www.funkyfossil.co.uk.  Remember to use the code FUNKY10 for a 10% discount!

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

3 comments: