Saturday 14 May 2016

Less is More #276

Hello!

Another week has hurtled by and I am woefully behind on all things crafty....the sunshine has lured me outside to try and drag the garden in to some kind of respectable order but with the return of cloudy skies I hope to get creative this weekend!  At least I have managed to make some cards for this week's challenge at Less is More where we are all at sea and making one layer cards to boot.....

I had fun with this one.  Here is what I made:

 
I used a shark fin and sentiment from Avery Elle for this card and simply inked through a circle aperture.



I used the same circle aperture for this card but used a more traditional image from Waltzingmouse.  I like the way that the ship extends beyond the aperture and looks like it is sailing out of it!

 
This is the first card that I made before remembering that it was one layer week but thought I would share it with you anyway!  I love this whale and coloured him with pencils.  I inked the central panel and added a few hearts to go with the sentiment.
 
I hope you will find yourself all at sea this week too!  Check out the fab inspiration from the talented DT over at Less is More :)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sarah x

19 comments:

  1. What a feast of cards Sarah... that shark one with its killing ('scuse the pun) sentiment is fabulous!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that circle art! I like them both, but the ship is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three cards are great but especially the first one. Love it!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific cards Sarah. I actually laughed out loud when I first read the sentiment on the shark fin card - that one is such fun! Hope you get your garden in order soon.
    Have a great week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun - the one layer cards as well as the layered one! Glad you shared that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! The first one is so humorous :D The ship looks fab on card 2, like it's off on a voyage of adventure! Card 3 is gorgeous... how gutting to forget it's OLC week. I keep thinking of ideas too and then realising I can't do them. OLCs, boooo! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun cards, great job on all. I love that whale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun cards, great job on all. I love that whale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun to see how the same technique can used and all the cards have a different feel to them!
    Had a laugh by seeing your first; so simple and so hilarius!
    Hope you enjoy a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspiration cards. Your shark fin, just makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooops! Think the one layer catches us all out sometime but a perfect card anyway. The lunch date one had me cracking up as soon as I saw it. Just a perfect idea and so fun. The striking galleon out at sea is simply fabulous too - you are a clever but busy bee and I don't know how you fit it all in. Have a great week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your inking looks fabulous! I love all three cards, but I think the second one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah these are fab - I just LOVE that sentiment, gave me a giggle! And glad I'm not the only one who forgets OLC week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby cards, all of them, but the first one on the LIM site instantly made me think of sushi. Mmm... sushi...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful blending on all of these Sarah. All fabulous ideas, loving the shark, and the galleon is a lovely stamp, I think I need some more traditional stamps like this, looks great on a CAS design xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three great cards Sarah, I love all but the first two inked circles are totally gorgeous :D x

    ReplyDelete