Saturday 25 June 2016

Less is More #282

Hello!

Happy Saturday to you and time for another challenge over at Less is More.  This week we are asking you to use stencils in your CAS designs.  I love stencils - they are so versatile and I use them on my cards regularly along with dies and (of course) stamps.  There are such a wide range of stencils available these days which can be used both as focal images and backgrounds.  Here is what I came up with:


 
On this card I inked through a MFT stencil in Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers fading out as I went and combined with a sentiment from Hero Arts.  I inked around part of a cardstock panel to highlight the sentiment.  This design would work well in a range of colours.
 

 
Here I have used a lovely floral image in shades of purple.  I think the stencil is from Imagination crafts but I am not sure.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.
 
Finally I used a fab stencil from MFT inked in shades of pink, coral and warm yellows as the central panel with a die cut sentiment.  A few touches of black complete the design.
 
 
Of course, there are lots more ways to use stencils....I didn't even have time to break out my embossing paste!  I look forward to seeing your CAS designs and hope you will check out the inspiration that the rest of the fab DT have created for you over at Less is More.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Well Sarah, your blending through stencils this week is just immaculate! Drooling over your super creations. That stencil you used on your second card is absolutely gorgeous! Brilliant placement of the sequins/pearls on all your cards.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swooning over all of these! The partial blending on the backing panel on your first card looks so effective. And what a great stencil on your second card, and you've chosen a lovely colour blend there too. Loving your geometric card too, great layout and placement of the sentiment and enamel dots. Even more stash envy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've chosen three fantastic stencils and a great choice of colours - so much visual impact. Love the eye catching fonts of the sentiments too. Three fab cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw what terrific stencil techniques Sarah, simply beautifully done! These are all eye poppingly gorgeous!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely cards Sarah. Faves are the first (love the colours & the slight echo of colour on the edge of yr central panel) & the last (gorgeous colour medley) You've definitely inspired me to dust off my stencils! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stenciled card trio is so beautiful! My stencil collection is totally underused but you have motivated me to bring them out to play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stenciling is just perfect love your cards and the colors you chose. Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Sarah, the colours are so beautiful.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stencil-tastic Sarah, gorgeous colour choice on all and love how you've added touches of the same colour to the sentiment panel on the first one. Pulls everything together beautifully. Another one for my favourite distress colour combos is the third one - totally eye-catching and superb. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stencil-tastic Sarah, gorgeous colour choice on all and love how you've added touches of the same colour to the sentiment panel on the first one. Pulls everything together beautifully. Another one for my favourite distress colour combos is the third one - totally eye-catching and superb. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been creating up a storm, Sarah. I love your stencil backgrounds and need to remember to use mine more.

    ReplyDelete