Saturday 16 July 2016

Less is More #285

Hello!

Hopefully I should be in lovely Spain when this post goes live so I hope that blogger behaves itself!  Our challenge this week at Less is More is to use repetition on your designs.  I have a couple of very simple cards featuring a repeating element to share with you today:

I have gone with repeating an element 3 times on each of the designs which seemed to please my preference for symmetry.  I rarely make DL sized cards but liked the way these 3 Stamploration daisy images looked in a vertical row combined with a Stamploration sentiment.  I coloured the images i with pencils.

 
This is a very quick and simple CAS card featuring 3 punched out butterflies popped up on punched out circles.  I like all of the white space!  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps.
 
 
Finally I used another Waltzingmouse set to stamp the feather three times in a deep teal (I think it is an Altenew ink).  I used a border die to create the circle lines at the top and bottom of the central panel and a sentiment from Waltzingmouse too.
 
I hope you like my 3 simple cards and enjoy creating something with a repeating image this week!  The rest of the DT have more inspiration to share with you over at Less is More too.
 
See you again soon,
 
Sarah x

16 comments:

  1. Three beautifully elegant cards - love the layouts and the impact added by the balanced white space. I haven't seen that feather stamp before but it's rather fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful Sarah, each so elegant in its simplicity!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards Sarah - the first one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you broke up the squares with the sentiment in the first one, the heart in the third one. Great inspiration for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your purple flowers are just beautiful. What a terrific design and inspiration for this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All such simple ideas but you've executed them beautifully. My favourite is the butterflies, I just love how simple it is. My mojo has been a bit hit and miss lately, I think I'm trying too hard, I need to just think CAS! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three beautiful, although the flower card is my favorite... Hope your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards - especially the first one - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS-spectacular as ever Sarah. Love them all; the flowers in particular and the design of that first one is brilliant but like Anita just love the simplicity of those butterflies. Superb inspiration and yep can't wait for a proper catch up after the summer hols. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah, you're great at simple (unlike me) and each card is a little work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are having a wonderful holiday Sarah. These are three fab examples of repetition. Love the butterflies with all the yummy white space and the feathers is such a funky stamp. I think splitting up the 3 images on the flowers card with the sentiment looks superb!
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. All three cards are wonderful, Sarah, but my favorite has to be the lavender daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous trio of cards. Love the different designs

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous trio of CASness, Sarah ... they're all delicious ... my fave's the last feathery one ... so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Sarah, that first daisy one is my favourite I think....I do love a nice daisy ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete