Saturday 24 June 2017

Less is More #334

Hello!

This week at Less is More we have a sketch challenge for you.  I do find sketches well, challenging so this was a tough one for me!


Here is the sketch:


When I looked at the sketch I saw a river running across the card so that is what I went with....


I stencilled a wave pattern on the card base and popped up white card on either side which was hand cut in to a wavy line.  The cute otter and baby are from MFT and are left over from the recent kit that Shona sent over for Honey I Shrunk the Kit.  The sentiment is from Uniko.

 
I then decided to try making a similar design as a one later card so I masked a wavy line, stamped and masked the fish (from Mama Elephant) and stencilled in the water.  I added some white highlights to the fish and added a sentiment from Altenew.
 
I hope that you like how I used the sketch for my designs this week.  The rest of the DT have other inspiration to share with you over at Less is More.
 
Thanks, as always, for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. These are fabulous cards, Sarah! So fun and totally adorable with the cute otters and the little fish! Great idea to stencil the wavy water lines as it's given such a pleasing effect and looks great. Loving them both! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fun, fabulous, fishy watery makes Sarah, the sketch lends itself perfectly for your little scenes and great to see you using more of the recent histk kit. Gorgeous colours and colouring throughout! Love em! Have a super weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are absolutely fantastic, Sarah! I love the river-idea you based your designs on and especially the cute fish have stolen my heart! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Sarah ! It seems that we had the same inspiration with this sketch, and you know what it is said : "Great minds think alike !" 😉. Love this adorable otter and her baby, it's a cute card for a new born ! Fabulous card also the one with the fish, it makes me want to go swimming with them ! Have a great weekend ! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and adorable cards, Sarah. Great use of the sketch to create watery scenes. I just bought that otter set and can't wait to use it. Beautiful stencilling and colours. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two cards are so sweet. Super fun! Terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stencil is perfect for your water themed cards and works brilliantly with the sketch. Love the use of the otters for a baby card, and complementary colours on your second card are great, the fish really pop xx

    ReplyDelete