Saturday 11 June 2016

Less Is More #280

Hello!

This week at Less is More we are wanting you to get messy with splatters but still keep it CAS!  Oh, and did I mention that it is one layer card week as well?!

I do love a bit of splatter on my cards and there are so many ways to add them - stencils, stamps or free hand.  I used all of these techniques on the cards below....

I went all out on splatters for my first card using products from Stamplorations as Shery is the queen of grungy stamps and stencils!

 
I used a stencil with Blueprint Sketch and Hickory Smoke distress inks with some grungy stamped elements.  I had to walk away from the card as I was in danger of going past CAS :)

 
On this card I used a grungy style bee stamp from Inkadinkadoo with highlights of yellow.  I masked a square in the middle and added some Squeezed Lemonade distress ink to highlight the sentiment and added some yellow splatters.

 
Finally I have gone back to my stash of Stamplorations products and used a script stamp down the edge and a fab feather with a splatter stamp from WPlus9.  All in shades of blue.
 
Head on over to the LIM blog to see what inspiration the fab DT have to share with you!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. Another spectacular trio Sarah and each so different but work perfectly with splatters. Love that first one and it's just perfect for those guys. If there's still time I think it's a 'text' challenge at Inkspirational so you could slot that one in there. Have a good weekend although not sure it's sun lounger weather. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab, Sarah! I love the grungey feel of the first card - I'd have had to force myself to stop as well! The bee stamp on card 2 is gorgeous and goes so well with the Squeezed Lemonade panel, and the monotone blue of card 3 is so calming and restful with a lovely airy feel. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed at how you can make 3 very different cards for one challenge that all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...the cards are amazing. Terrific design and way to incorporate the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply terrific Sarah, very different feel to each but great splatters on all!
    Super job!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh err Missus! What a wonderful card that first grungy one is Sarah! I absolutely adore the second one (I have that stamp but sometimes struggle to know how to use it - you've used it perfectly). The cool blues on your last card are so yummy too.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made it to you eventually this week! I'm a bit scared of grungy stamps but you've really inspired me with your first card. And I adore that gently blended yellow panel on card two, fabulous idea for a one layer card. And the script in tones of blue looks fabulous. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete