Saturday 10 December 2016

Less is More #306

Hello,

Only 2 weeks to go before Christmas is upon us....it will be great to take a bit of time out with family but I need to get my skates on and get organised!!  However, before I get going, I have some cards to share with you for the latest challenge at Less is More.  It is one layer card week and our theme this week is to use outlines on your cards.  See what you make of these:

 
I simply stamped and masked the images from Altenew's Beautiful Day  and Painted Butterflies in black on a white card base.  The lovely, light sketchy style of the stamps works really well for leaving it without any further colouring (I think)!

 
Of course, I had to make a Christmas card as I don't think that I am going to have enough to see me through this year!  I used the fabulous Hero Arts Ornaments stamps in a range of bright colours, masking them to create a bit of depth.  The lines on the ornaments add enough colour and detail without the need for anything more.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

 
Finally I used a cool sketchy fashion outline stamp from Tim Holtz white embossed on a dark blue card base.  I stencilled some white lines at the bottom to ground the image and a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.  A few white splatters complete the card.
 
3 quite different one layer cards featuring outline images.  I hope you like them! 
The DT over at Less is More have lots more inspiration to share with you too. 
 
Thanks, as always, for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. I never think to stamp in the corners and I see you managed to sneak in a pretty Christmas card too...both lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Wow, and Wow Sarah. Love each of these. Obviously can't resist the Beautiful day set from Altenew ... seen as I've got that one too but those multi-coloured ornaments are just stunning - on the wishlist!!! Beautiful, chic and boldness of the third one on black cardstock just blown me away though. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wow, and Wow Sarah. Love each of these. Obviously can't resist the Beautiful day set from Altenew ... seen as I've got that one too but those multi-coloured ornaments are just stunning - on the wishlist!!! Beautiful, chic and boldness of the third one on black cardstock just blown me away though. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all three of these cards are just beautiful. Each one has a different look and feel and each is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such different looks, but all incredibly creative and great inspiration pieces for our outline week! The sympathy card is perfect, so stylish and calm. I adore the baubles with the bright colours and lines. And the fashion card looks great with the stencilled base grounding the image in a very impactful way. Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you do one layer cards so well. The Altenew stamps look beautiful left just like this, and perfect for a sympathy card. I've not seen those Hero Arts ornaments before but they look great in those gorgeous colours. And your third, just super classy. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Sarah. Of course I love the Altenew flowers and thought of doing the same thing myself. Those ornaments are new to me but they are lovely in those colors and left as is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous set of cards ... loving the variation.. jen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really taken with the idea of black outlines now. Your flower card is just lovely and perfect for a sad occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection of cards but the first one is my fav and totally suitable for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely set of cards xx

    ReplyDelete