Monday 30 July 2018

Bold Stripes

Hello!

I have added a bold stripes stencil to my Folksy store which I made in order to play along with two of my favourite challenges - Time Out and Less is More.

First up is my card for Time Out where we had a lovely photo inspiration to work from.


I simply inked the stencil in Salty Ocean distress oxide on the card blank and then I clear embossed my knitted background stencil on a piece of kraft card to pick up on the texture of the sofas in the photo.  The fab sentiment is a die cut from Stamplorations.  Hopefully this captures the nautical look of the photo which is:



Next up I have a card for Less is More where we are making one layer cards with a theme of stripes.  I used the same stencil but this time moved it along and overlapped the colours to create a different effect.  I used Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxides.


The sentiment is from Altenew and the stars are from Uniko's Background Builders Seeing Stars set.

I hope this has given you a feel for the ways that you can use the stencil to get different looks.


Check out my Folksy store where everything is currently 20% off when you use the code FOSSIL20 at checkout before midnight (BST) on 31 July.  I will be closing the store for a few weeks from 1 August while we go on our hols :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

6 comments:

  1. Love both of your cards...especially how you picked up that wicker basket on the first one. Fabulous!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Sarah, you work wonders with these stencils. Your inking is so perfect. What a great way to add in the wicker in, such a well thought out card and the boldness really struck me....love to hear we are one of your fav challenges! Thank you for this lovely comment and joining us at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunners here Sarah! Your bold use of stripes on both cards is flawless. I am in awe of your crisp overlapping of the stencil on those amazing stripes on the second card - that one is just brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing that card with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how I would re-create the wicker furniture and you nailed it, its perfection!! You clean, graphic design is so perfect for the challenge and love the dark/light blue combo for the 'congrat's diecut. Always so wonderful to have you join us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A duo of super cool stripe cards, Sarah. You’ve featured this stencil perfectly with your beautiful ink blending. Love the fun colours of your stars card. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your stenciling is so crisp! Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with Time Out!

    ReplyDelete