Tuesday 24 July 2018

Seeing Squares

Hello!

I am popping by with a quick post to share some cards that I have made with my new chequer board stencil.  It is a fun way to create quick backgrounds!


I went over the stencil with versamark and white embossed the pattern to use as a resist with a range of distress oxides.  I then die cut the sentiment and popped it up on funky foam.  It was a really quick and easy card :)  I shall link up at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where we are using dies and punches.


On this card I simply inked through the stencil, masking off rows at a time to give a variation of colour across the background.  I then die cut the sentiment several times to create a chunkier finish and heat embossed it with ultra thick clear embossing powder which gives a great glaze.  I shall link this up at Inskpirational where our word prompt is birthday.

I hope you like these quick and simple cards - a good background stencil can give you lots of options :)


Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. I love your square background and love how the black pops, great job.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete