Sunday 20 April 2014

Boy Birthday

Hello!

My husband and boys love the comic superheroes and we go to see all of the films - so I had to have the Explosion! stamp set from Uniko Studio.  I love the stamps that Bev designs and have been playing with the beautiful new Vines set that she has just released (which I will share later) - you should go and check out her store and blog.

I went for a bold card in comic colours of blue, yellow, black and red for this male birthday card:



I white embossed the explosions and words and coloured the background with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  I spattered with water to add a bit of interest and bleached a bit of colour out around the explosions with a water brush too.  The sentiment is put together with Hero Arts Journal letters which I thought worked with the style of the explosion stamps. 

These stamps are perfect for male cards and I am sure that I am going to have lots of fun with them :)

As this is a male birthday card I will play along with Time Out's third challenge to create a birthday card with an optional twist of male birthday.

Have a lovely Easter Sunday!

Sarah x

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous boy card! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous male card. I like the fun images. The embossing works so well with this design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this playful card, Sarah! Perfect for men and boys, who are so hard to create for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for a guy! I love the bold color scheme and white embossing. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome & lovely to see you enjoying your Uniko Studio goodies :) Thanks too for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great guy card. I love those stamps! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete