Tuesday 29 April 2014

Ori Kami

Hello!

How is your week going so far?  I am just popping in to post a few cards that I have made with a fantastic new set of stamps from Jen Rzasa and Tasnim Ahmed who have teamed up to form Altenew.  The first release from their new stamp company is just great - I have only got a few so far but will definitely be back for more :)

The set that I have been playing with is called Ori Kami and features origami style images:

 
Sorry again for the poor quality light :(
 
I paper pieced the elephant with some Studio Calico paper that I have had for a long time - I do like grey and yellow as a combination.  The sentiment is from WPlus9.
 
 
I sponged Squeezed Lemonade and Pumice Stone distress inks through a Memory Box mesh stencil in the shape of a heart for this card.
 
Given the distressed effect of the mesh heart I will join up with the current challenge at Addicted to CAS where the code word is Grunge.
 
I also used the sketch over at Less Is More for the layout of the butterfly card.
 
 
I hope you like these cards - they were fun to make :)
 
Enjoy the rest of your week!
 
Sarah x
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Sarah, your paper pieced elephant and butterflies are wonderful and I love the gray and yellow combination! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just beautiful Sarah! I love your origami elephant with those beautiful papers! Your 'grunge' card is amazing, too! Great idea to use your stencil, and perfect for both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart is so cute and loving those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous, Sarah ... the soft yellow and grey colour palette is fabulous! The mesh stencilled heart is perfect for the Grunge Code Word ... thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow and grey together Sarah, super cards!
    Thank you for your LIM entry this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cards Sarah! Love the colors :)
    Nice interpretation of the challenge!
    Have a nice weekend, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love these Sarah!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the sponged heart and your butterflies are so cool! The colors look great together. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful paper piecing on the origami images, and great designs! I love the sponged heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your grungy heart with the softness of the butterflies. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete