Friday 9 October 2015

Christmas Jewels

Hello!

I have just found time to make a quick card to play along with this week's Less Is More challenge which is to use jewel colours on our creations.  Given I am on a mission to make as many Christmas cards as I can in good time this year I decided to use the lovely Christmas ornaments from Hero Arts:


 
 I watercoloured the ornaments with the Zig real colour markers and used Wink of Stella to add some shimmer that you can't see!  The sentiment is also from Hero Arts and includes the lovely merry die.

I hope that the greens, pinks and purples have captured the right jewel tones!

I will also link up at Simon's Wednesday challenge to create a clean and simple Christmas card and at Virginia's View to use colouring on our designs.

I should be studying so better get back to my books - thanks for stopping by though!

Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous use of those jewel colours and gem stamps Sarah. Love it!
    Thanks as always for playing along at LIM and so glad you squeezed a little time in between studies.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Christmas card! Who knew pink and green would be so festive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colourful jewels on your LIM card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how crisp and clean this is, Sarah. These colours certainly work as jewel tones to me, and I love the big 'merry'.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, lovely coloring !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those gem ornaments are wonderful, Sarah ... you've created such a lovely sense of translucence with the shimmer and colouring! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Sarah! this is stunning, luv the sweet ornaments. so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just super Sarah! Wonderful jewels!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete