Saturday 17 December 2016

Less is More #307

Hello,

We have finally arrived at the week before Christmas and our theme at Less is More this week is 'Children' which is perfect for the season!  We are also running this challenge for 2 weeks as it is a busy time for all of us so we want you to have the opportunity to play along.

Here is what I came up with:


I embossed the girl in black and shaded with some blue distress inks.  I splattered the ink with some water.  Finally, I added a sentiment from WPlus9 and used a white sharpie pen to add a highlight to the silhouette.

My second card features a whimsical cartoonish girl coloured in pencils.  I added a doodled border to go with her stripey legs! 



The rest of the lovely DT have more inspiration for you over at Less is More - there are so many ways to interpret this theme that I look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Thanks, as always, for stopping by,

Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah! I love both these cards. The first one is so dramatic with the inking behind the silhouetted girl, and I can't believe how neatly you drew the white highlight! Steady hand or what! The second card is so cute, and I adore that hand doodled border which looks incredibly fab! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that Jenni Bowlin stamp Sarah and I don't think I've ever seen it on anyone elses blog! You've used it brilliantly with the soft blue background..it looks gorgeous. And love your stripy frame on the second...it goes perfectly with that whimsical image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous children inspired cards Sarah and so beautifully coloured and portrayed in both of them. Totally inspirational. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love that sweet silhouette image. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swooning over your first card - love the addition of the white outline! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm so late, Sarah, the lead up to Christmas was crazy!
    I'm loving your first card, the white pen adds so much to that image, what a great effect. And your hand doodling is genius. Two great cards. I hope you had a great Christmas and I'm looking forward to working alongside you again next year xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I am sooooo late visiting Sarah, it has been the most manic Christmas season and I've had zero time for blogging!
    I adore your first card. The added white highlight was just genius as it totally makes the image pop. Lush background on that card too! The second card is a real sweetie and the doodled border to match the tights is a perfect finishing touch xx

    ReplyDelete