Saturday 31 December 2016

Less Is More #309

Hello!

I hope that you had a wonderful festive season!  We are planning a quiet few days over the new year after a week of family visits and entertaining :)  It is also a pleasure to be able to sneak back in to my craft room for a bit of time just with my stamps, inks and stencils - particularly as I had cards to make for the new challenge at Less is More.  This week our challenge is Dimension and this is what I came up with:

 
I stamped and cut out the lightbulb from MFT and triple embossed it for a glazed look.  On the card base I inked through a starburst stencil and popped up a die cut heart aperture over the top for some added dimension.  I will also add this card in to the Anything Goes Challenge over at Simon's Wednesday Challenge.

 
I got in to spring mode with this card using the Altenew Simple Flowers Stamp set using a range of Altenew inks.  I stamped the flowers and leaves on the card base and then cut out extra flowers which were popped up on foam pads for extra dimension.
 
There are lots of other ways of adding dimension to your CAS creations but I decided to keep it simple this week!  I hope you like my cards and head over to Less is More to check out the amazing inspiration that the fab DT have put together for you :)
 
Enjoy your new year's eve!
 
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. I love both of these! The sunburst stencil behind the light bulb looks absolutely brilliant, and popping a top layer over with the negative die cut heart works so well to frame the scene. The flowers on your second card are gorgeous and I love the ink colours you chose, so pretty. Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb design, love the use of the negative die x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two absolute beauties. Love the floral card and the dimension on the first is amazing. Love the heart die cut around the light burst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What terrific design inspiration. Your cards are just festive and happy! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beauties, Sarah. I have that light bulb set so thanks for the inspiration on using it. I love how part of the flowers are stamped and some are popped up. It's a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply fabulous Sarah, love the 'light bulb' moment and stunning stencilled back-drop. Perfect dimension and then I'm swooning over the second one and slightly envious as I bought that set just before Christmas and not had chance to use it yet! Great minds eh!!! Hope you're having a wonderful time with the family and a very happy new year to you all. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both dazzling and so you, Sarah Sazzle Dazzle! Brilliant inspiration!! Happy New Year hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Sarah! Two absolute beauties here. The funky flowers look beautiful popped up on your second card and the banner-like sentiment is super. Just adore the lightbulb card though. The limited colour palette really makes this one work do well. Hope you have a wonderful 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of the delightful cards, but I think perhaps my favorite might just be the light bulb card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, beautiful colorful cards
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya, yes I'm still here, just a little late! lol
    Fabulous dimemsion, your light bulb card is fantastic, so striking. And now that Altenew set has suddenly jumped onto my wish list, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete