Friday 21 July 2017

Uniko Challenge #42

Hello!

We are back again with the latest challenge over at Uniko and, as we are enjoying the summer time, we have gone for a floral theme:


There are so many fabulous floral images in Uniko's range that I was spoilt for choice....

Here is what I made:

 
I stamped and masked the Pure Florals: Cosmos flowers across the bottom of the card and watercoloured them with distress inks.  I added a white embossed sentiment on a black strip.  I stamped some splatters too to add to the watercolour effect.

 
In contrast to the watercolour effect of the first card, I went bold and bright for my second card using the stylised florals from Uniko in shades of yellow and orange with a few touches of black by way of contrast.  The sentiment is from All Occasion Sentiments #6.
 
The challenge is open until 25 August so there is plenty of time to play along.  We are also joined by two talented guest designers for this challenge - Cornelia from Fun Stamping and Elaine from Craft-E-Place who have fab inspiration for you along with the rest of the DT.
 
Thank you for stopping by :)
 
Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. Wow! They are stunning. I love the soft pinks and watercolour look of the first card, but it's the bold, graphic, very retro looking second card that's my favourite. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always. The first is so how I wish the cosmos in my garden looked, mine came up nearly all white! And the second card is just funky and modern even though it's got a retro twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh lovely vibrant colours Sarah. Both quite different & quite lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two awesome cars! Love how you arranged those pretty Cosmos flowers on the first card. Your second card is wonderful too, with those bold Marimekko style blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both designs are so colorful and cheerful, Sarah! Thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and happy duo, which certainly added a smile to my face (much needed today). I will never tire of seeing a scene of Cosmos on a card, loving the layering and beautiful colours. And that is true to seeing the Uniko Style stamps too - absolutely wonderful and eye catching. A beautiful showcase of these sets, thank you & hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both gorgeous cards and I especially love those Cosmos and the beautiful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards! The second one is a fun card, and the first one is a beauty. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two stunning and equally eye-popping designs. Love those bold and cheery colours and I can't pick a favourite I'm afraid. Simply gorgeous and a superb showcase of the sets. You'll be missed soooooo much at Uniko! x

    ReplyDelete