Wednesday 23 May 2018

Sweet Roses

Hello!

I am popping by to share a couple of cards that I have made with a new stencil which features two flowers.  They work perfectly for the current challenge over at Time Out:


I inked through the rose stencil with Distress Inks and then added further shading with Spectrum Noir pencils.  I cut them both out and popped them on top of Uniko's new Nature's Treasures leaf stencil.  The sentiment is from Uniko too and works with Time Out's word inspiration:  Friends are the Charming Gardeners who make our Souls Blossom.

I shall also link up at Simon's Monday Challenge where we are being inspired by songs.  When making this card I kept thinking of the song 'Rose Garden' with the lyric, I never promised you a rose garden!!  I don't know who sang it though?


While I had the stencil out, I inked through the dahlia style flower with distress inks and used it for a birthday card. 

The shapes are easy enough to cut out easily (I don't have much patience!) and are sized to make a good focal point on cards without being overwhelming.  I hope you like them!  

The stencil is available in my Folksy shop:


Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful designs and fab use of your srencils. Like how you added the extra shading and the sentiment is perfect for our challenge. Great to see you at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job with the stencil! I would have never guessed the roses are stenciled -the cut out look made me think they were stamped images heat embossed with white for example! Great work, I love the dimension and colors. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can'ta believe these are made with stencils, Sarah. They have so much detail and are gorgeous. BTW the singer is Lynn Anderson. And now I'll be singing it all night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please excuse me, I'm running a bit behind with my commenting this week but wanted to let you know how gorgeous this stencil is. The details are fantastic and you've created such beautiful CAS designs with them. I'm always so happy to see you at TIME OUT too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards. the flowers look amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete