Friday 8 June 2018

Afro and Alcohol Inks

Hello!

I am here with a reminder card for the current Take It Make It challenge over at Craft Stamper.   I used my afro stencil (available in my Folksy store) with a gelli plate and alcohol inks after watching a YouTube video by Barbara Gray from Clarity Stamp.

Basically I spread a range of alcohol inks on to my gelli plate before putting the stencil down.  I spritzed some blending solution over yupo paper and placed the stencil on that before running through my die cutting machine.  That process re-activated the alcohol inks and created a print that left the aperture as white space.  I was able to pull a separate print of the negative from the gelli plate by brayering acrylic paint over it and lifting the image on to a separate piece of card.  I hope that makes sense!!  Barbara's video explains it much more clearly :)



Once that was done, I put the stencil back in place and inked round the edge of the silhouette with black archival ink.  I then stamped a fab scribbled background stamp from Dina Wakeley through the aperture and added one of her sentiment stamps.

Sorry for such a long explanation.  I had never thought of using alcohol inks on my gelli plate before and really liked how this came out.  There is more inspiration from the talented DT over at Craft Stamper.  As long as you have used stamping on your project, anything goes so it could be easier to play along.  Our sponsor this month is the fabulous Uniko - Bev's range of stamps and stencils is amazing :)

Thanks for stopping by today,

Sarah x

1 comment: