Tuesday 19 June 2018

Grungy Bees

Hello!

I spent a bit of time over the weekend playing with stencils, greyboard, mdf, inks and sprays to create this canvas:





I had lasercut some honeycomb from greyboard and adhered random pieces of it to the opposite corners of the canvas before painting it with some rust effect paint from Cosmic Shimmer.  I adhered some Tim Holtz tissue paper to the canvas with Indigoblu's Slap It On.  I then sprayed through my honeycomb stencil with Fossilised Amber distress spray and allowed some drips to run down like honey.  I used my bee stencil with black and gold acrylic paints and used my messy dots stencil with black and gold paint to add further detail.  I also used some stamps from Uniko, AALL and Create and Indigoblu.  I painted some mdf bees with crackle paste and then added black acrylic paint and pebeo gilding wax.  I added glossy accents to them too.  Finally I used a fab sentiment die from Stamplorations, stacked it up, added some gilding wax and glossy accents.  

I often struggle to know when a canvas is finished...particularly as it is a departure from my CAS designs!

I shall link up at Country View Crafts where this month's challenge is the written word and at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge for a second time where the theme is layers.

I hope you like this.  It was great fun to put together and use some of my stencils and mdf.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x

3 comments:

  1. Love bees - and your canvas is bee-autiful! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges this month and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing .... great texture. Love it!! Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is am amazing mixed media card, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete