Saturday 3 August 2019

LIM #401

Hello!

I am excited to say that I am the sponsor for this month over at Less is More and that gives me a chance to play along with the super talented DT :)  The challenge for this fortnight is a colour challenge:




I simply dipped the cardstock in to watered down blue distress ink to create the watery background and used my Shoal of Fish stencil with orange texture paste.  The sentiment is from Uniko's latest release.

I shall also link this card up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes.

On this next card I masked and inked sections of my Simple Pattern stencil to create the aqua and tangerine border.  I added some shading with a grey pencil to create a bit of dimension to the images and create a slightly layered look on this one layer card.


The LIM DT have lots more CAS inspiration to showcase this colour combo.  

I hope that you like these cards and the stencils that I have used to create them.  They are available from my store - www.funkyfossil.co.uk

Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely but my goodness Sarah, your fish card is a real wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties! The watery background on your fish card is amazing and it is a perfect backdrop for the fishes. You could almost imagine you are snorkeling in the water with them. Beautiful crisp inking on the second card too - I love the graphic look of that one. Thanks so much for being a super sponsor and guest designer for us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great cards, Sarah. I am partial to the first, as anything that speaks of the sea is fabulous to me. Love the look of the orange paste on those fish. Thanks for your wonderful art and sponsorship. Your designs are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The texture paste fish over the smooshed backgroun looks awesome in these colours. And your second card is right up my street, so crisp, clean and simple and I love the basic font of the sentiment too. Thanks so much for sponsoring us again xx

    ReplyDelete