Saturday 28 February 2015

Cure for the Monday Blues

Hello!

I hope your weekend is going well :)  I have ignored the housework and played in my craftroom instead - it is the best way to destress after a hectic week....

I have been wanting to play along with Taheerah's fabulous Cure for the Monday Blues all week and this is what I came up with:




I stamped a scalloped border from Paper Smooches on a Reverse Confetti tag and combined it with a ME hello die stacked up several times.  I also stamped the chevrons from the same Paper Smooches set in the background.  I love a black and yellow colour combo and picked up the scallops, hello and heart from the inspiration photo:


I will also link up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes - I think this is my third entry.

You can get the Paper Smooches border stamps, Reverse Confetti and ME dies from Make the Day Special.

I hope you like it :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. Love how you used this sophisticated color combo! GREAT composition and use of elements, Sarah! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a great take on the challenge, Sarah. Way to combine all those stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think the bold chevrons are a perfect match with the yellow border on the tag! A great card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh and clean, Sarah ... that soft yellow is gorgeous with those black chevrons and curvy hello! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color combo is perfect with your design, Sarah! I love the soft yellow scallops and your sentiment is fabulous! Love the chevrons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, great choice of elements here - that tag with the scallop stamping is awesome!! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your take on inspiration. Simple & elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete