Friday 17 April 2015

Uniko Challenge #20

Hello!

It is time for our next challenge over at Uniko and it is sure to be a popular one!  The theme is Things with Wings.  I love my Uniko butterflies so this was an easy choice:

 

I stamped the butterflies from Bright Butterflies in vibrant colours and then toned them down slightly by adding a layer of vellum over the top.  I hand stitched the corners with yellow thread to attach the vellum and add a bit of interest.  I stamped the sentiment from Uniko's Fontiments set - this is my regular go to for sentiments.  I inked around the edges of the base layer to ensure it matched the butterflies.

The softening effect of the vellum keeps this design fresh and light.

I hope you like it!

You can enter this challenge as many times as you like and using any stamps....although we love to see what you make with Uniko stamps :)

Check out the other great designs by the Uniko DT.  We are joined by the super talented Elaine from Craft-E-Place and Michelle from Amusing Michelle as Guest Designers this month - they are both amazing card makers but you probably already know that!

I will also enter this card in Virginia's View Challenge as it has several layers.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x


BRIGHTButterfliesProdPic   FBirthdayWebsitePic1

9 comments:

  1. Just so cheerfull all the colours and a great design! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I wish I could stitch, it really does add interest. I had no idea that there was vellum used here-great touch x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Just so pretty and elegant Sarah, loving the pastel shades and that delightful stitched detail.
    Simply oozes perfection. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! These colours are scrumptious and the vellum has worked perfectly. Loving the all over design and added stitching. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!! I do like the bold butterflies and the way you've used the vellum. The hand stitching is super. Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, Sarah! I love how you arranged your butterflies. and what a great idea to add the vellum panel! Love your hand stitched corners, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh those colours are so pretty and go perfectly with that sweet little butterfly. I bet this is going to be one popular challenge as butterflies seem to be everywhere these days. In fact, I think I've already entered twice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty. Sarah ... and such a lovely sense of movement with those springtime butterflies! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love everything about it! Great colors for spring.

    ReplyDelete