Saturday 19 November 2016

Less is More #303

Hello!

Another week has come round already and we are back with our latest challenge at Less is More

This week the theme is vintage - I tend to associate vintage with layers and lots of elements so coming up with something CAS was quite a challenge :) 

 
I stamped a Tim Holtz butterfly image in grey archival on to kraft card and cut it into a panel layered on to grey card.  The sentiment is stamped down the side and is from Altenew.

 
My second card is a bit more feminine and features the vintage rose stamps from Waltzingmouse.  I layered them on to a purple mat and scalloped frame from WPlus9.  The white embossed sentiment is from WPlus9 too.
 
I hope these cards have done the vintage theme justice!  The DT have lots of great ideas to share with you over at the Less is More blog and I look forward to seeing what you make.
 
Thank you for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. These are great Sarah! The first card reminds me of Victorian collectables and is so elegant... just perfect. The roses in purple are stunning too. I love the scalloped frame which is such a great detail in the background. Awesome cards :) Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards here Sarah, loving the sepia coloured butterflies and pretty purple roses too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Sarah. I must admit that I stamped my foot when I saw the butterflies card as I was going to do something similar....but it wouldn't have been as great as yours! Love the rich purples on the roses card and they remind me of the old Victorian cards that used to be sent. Brilliant work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super samples, Sarah. Both very different but clearly have a vintage feel. I very nearly went with vintage roses too! Love the layout of the first one with that crisp sentiment down the side, beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both lovely, both vintage of different eras. CarolG

    ReplyDelete