Saturday 12 March 2016

Less Is More #267

Hello!

I'm back again for my second outing as part of the Less Is More DT :)  This week is one layer week and I have to say that I am slowly starting to really enjoy making one layer designs! 

We are asking you to make the sentiment centre stage this time and here are a few of the ideas that I had:

 
I gold embossed the frame from Paper Smooches and masked it before using versamark through a polka dot stencil (Simon Says Stamp, I think).  I used clear embossing powder and sprinkled glamour dust glitter over the dots before melting.  The photo doesn't really do it justice but I really like the texture and shine that this gives.

 
I used this fabulous Altenew sentiment to take centre stage for my second card.  I watercoloured the lettering with distress inks and added a bit of wink of stella for some shimmer.  There is a bit of pencil shading too.



Finally, I gold embossed this sentiment from Mama Elephant and then inked through a Hero Arts confetti stencil in spun sugar and cracked pistachio.  I dusted gold perfect pearls over the ink to accentuate the gold tones.

I look forward to seeing which sentiments you will make centre stage on your cards.  Do check out the rest of the inspiration from the fab DT over at Less Is More.

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

19 comments:

  1. Ooh, loving all these dots, Sarah. I can imagine how beautiful your first card is in real life, gorgeous metallics and sheen. The colouring of your second is gorgeous, and I love the colours you chose for your third card, blend beautifully with the gold xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Sarah. Super CAS design on the top one. Wowee! What a gorgeous sentiment on the second and so beautifully coloured and shaded. Love the funky dots on the last card.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trio of loveliness and awesome as ever Sarah. WOW love the delicate embossing to the first one, AMAZING neat watercolouring to the second one and the additional shading makes that really pop off the card then oozing golden class on the last one. Can't pick a favourite but admiring some more of your yummy stash here!!!! LOL! Have a good week. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very beautiful!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great cards Sarah.I love the colouring on the second one and I love the font on the third one, It looks wonderful in gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Three amazing cards and all FAB. Card 3 *just* takes it for me as those colours areso gorgeous against the gold embossing... in fact I may have to invest in that sentiment stamp because it's lovely! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not one but three fabulous One Layer cards you managed to make! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three amazing cards and great inspiration. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards. I had to take a closer look at the second one ... the sentiment really pops off the card.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards...all very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards...all very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all terrific Sarah, I really love that big blue Hello!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great showcase of making the sentiments the stars, Sarah ... that swirly blue hello is particularly eyecatching ... and gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all amazing. I love the colours you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your first card has a super design and the second great colours (and wow that is a beautiful shaped sentiment); the third has a bit of both; all three beautiful CAS again! Hope your weekend was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome collection Sarah - love that Altenew sentiment and the first card must look amazing IRL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get on this challenge, Sarah. Your sentiment focused cards are all beautiful but that blue 'hello' is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three absolutely lovely cards, Sarah! Simple elegance, I say!!

    ReplyDelete