Saturday 5 March 2016

Spring and Spin

Hello!

Just a quick post from me to share a few creations that I have been able to put together today. 

First up is a card for Time Out where they are celebrating their 2nd birthday.  Sandie and Nonni have created a really fun challenge blog with fab inspiration.  Happy Birthday!  This time the challenge is spring with the optional twist of masking. 


I have used my favourite spring flowers on this one layer design - the tulips are from Penny Black and I have masked them to create a colourful border.  They are watercoloured with distress inks.  The sentiment is from Altenew.

Secondly I have made a card to play along at CASology where the cue card is Spin.  It gave me the opportunity to play with a new die for me from Memory Box combined with a new stamp from MFT. 

 
As the die and stamp are new I will play along with Darnell's NBUS Challenge for a 2nd time.
 
Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)
 
That's it for tonight.  I hope you stop by again soon!
 
Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. I love your tulips, Sarah, and that baby card is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby card, Sarah ... and a gorgeous border of beautifully coloured tulips ... they're fabulous! So happy to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment on TO and we must thank you for helping us build this as both a DT member and now a frequent player. This borde of tulips is wonderfully masked and such pretty colours. I adore this mobile, perfect baby card. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards, the tulips are beautiful.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, Sarah! I adore those gorgeous tulips...what a lovely watercolored background! I also love this baby mobile die, how sweet! A perfect way to interpret the cue card at CASology! Such soft colors, and I love the sine! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...I meant I love the SHINE...sorry about that!

      Delete
  6. Your tulips are gorgeous - I love how you highlighted them with the blue. And your spin card is so clever - what a sweet little die! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tulipscard looks so beautiful; great colouring! And that is a real elegant babycard! Make it a fun and colourfull week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 brilliant cards Sarah. The colouring on the tulips is fab and the delicate shaded drop shadow makes them pop right off the page. Your baby card is just adorable.
    Hugs, Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful cards--the first one is stunning with all those beautiful spring flowers. And, what a sweet baby card--that mobile reminds me of earlier days gone by. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out and CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow two beautiful cards, so loving all the tulips around at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Sarah, my favorite being the tulips! I'm Dutch...what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tulips are beautiful, Sarah! So perfect for spring! But when I saw that baby mobile in the NBUS gallery, I sighed! Another must-have! It is so adorable and I love when a single die has a huge impact on a card! The sediment size and font fit it perfectly!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous Sarah! The tulip card is my fave - the watercolouring just brings them to life! I love tulips in the spring - I can't wait for mine to start coming out! It is great to see you at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete