Saturday 5 March 2016

Less Is More Challenge #266

Hello!

At last I can share my first card with you as a member of the DT over at my favourite weekly challenge - Less Is More :)  I hope that I can do justice to LIM's CAS spirit and the fabulous inspiration that the DT serve up every week!

This week it is a colour challenge and we want you to use CITRUS colours.  I immediately thought of lemons and limes and spring blossoms.



I used this beautiful freesia stamp from Altenew and coloured it with watercolour pencils.  The sentiment is a die cut from Penny Black.

Whilst I had this stamp out I decided to try it as an outline on a coloured card base:


I white embossed the freesia on a green card panel and popped that over a strip of yellow card.  I added a bit of white pencil shading to add a bit of depth to the image.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp die cut from white and yellow.  I shall link this card up at AAA cards as well where the theme is embossing.

Finally, I tried using these colours to make a zingy card:


I used stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps and the sentiment is from WPlus9, the panel is popped up over a strip of black glitter card.

AND, as it is the first Saturday of the month we are delighted to have a new sponsor at Less Is More:

Picture

I look forward to seeing your zingy and zesty creations!

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Sarah and welcome to the team!
    Both of your flower cards are stunning but I think that the second on the coloured base has the edge for me!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards, Sarah. Congrats on joining the LIM team ... I was confident you would be, your cards are always stunning.
    I particularly love the first card the colouring is so soft and delicate, just beautiful.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited and thrilled to officially welcome you to the LIM team Sarah! What awesome cards as ever and you've certainly been busy with your marvelous goodies...another Altenew set I spy ;-) !!! Have a great week and hope you get lots of love from the LIMettes! T'other Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! I love that Altenew stamp and how well it acts as a positive or 'negative' image. The last card has a wonderful super hero feel going on with the starburst images and comic book font. I might have to pinch this idea for some nephews' and nieces' birthdays!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful debut cards Sarah! That freesia looks amazing in the two different ways that you wouldn't guess it is the same stamp! Drooling over the epic card because that is so funky.
    Great inspiration.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your two cards with the freesia stamp are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and fresh looking cards that remind me of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new DT and naturally you are perfect for this challenge. Love the softness of the first card and the coloured base for the second really says Spring. Then you get really 'epic' on us and go totally funky. Fab collection of cards...and why not enter TO spring challenge??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three great cards. Love how you've used the one stamp to make the two different cards. Looking forward to seeing more of your DT cards. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new Design Team, Sarah. You've done them proud with your wonderful card. I love the white embossing on green.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your first post as a DT member at LIM, Sarah ... such a fabulous debut! A terrific trio of cards ... the zesty colours are brilliant ... so mouthwatering! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh what a fab bunch. LOVE the 'Epic' make and such a contrast to the delicate freesia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new DT position, you will be a fantastic member of the team and it will be wonderful to see your creations on their blog. These cards are beautiful and so refreshing with their citrus colours. Makes me want some Key Lime Pie or Lemon Meringue right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow - love the white outline of the flower on the lime green so effective. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful - would make a lovely sympathy card too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and fun cards Sarah! I especially love the softness on the first card - wonderfully CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made it, before the next challenge, so sorry I'm so late this week Sarah! So great to have you on the team and look at all that CAS citrus gorgeousness. I absolutely adore freesias and I love how you've used them here. That Altenew set caught my eye some time ago, now I NEED it! I love your third card, so perfect for a teenager. If I had to choose, your first card would win my heart, loving the sentiment die cut too xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards, I love your style! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the variation on the first card. Gorgeous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete