Saturday 16 April 2016

Honey I Shrunk the Kit

Hello!

I always love it when we come to post our cards from the latest mini kit in our little Honey I Shrunk the Kit card making club :)  This time the little bundle of loveliness was put together by Shona and she included some of the cutest spring stamps and dies!


I made 4 cards (and could have kept going) so will get straight on with showing you what I made:

 
 
First up is a tulip framed by a fab scalloped die.  Shona supplied the tulip, die, sentiment, ribbon and pink paper.  I thought the pink and yellow colour scheme would be right for spring.

 
 
Shona sent this amazing Waffle Flower die and I wanted that to be the star of the card so I coloured the base die with a range of distress inks and did the same on a base panel too.  I adhered the intricate white die cut over the top and popped it up for added dimension.  I added a sentiment from Altenew and that was it.
 



I used up the last piece of striped paper at the top of this card along with the two sweet fuschia flowers from Clearly Besotted along with a sentiment (all from the kit).  I die cut two rows of dots out of the top of the white panel for a bit of extra interest for the design.  I will also link this card up at CASology where the cue card is pink.
 
For my final card I have created a mini spring scene featuring rabbits and butterflies:


 
I used some Mama Elephant landscape dies to create the hills and popped a few of the hopping bunnies on to the scene.  I die cut the sentiment and added a few of the sweet butterflies.
 
This was an amazing kit to work with - packed full of images and products that I don't have so it was a real treat to get to play with them.  Huge thanks to Shona for putting together such a great combination of elements.  Here is what arrived through the door:
 

 
Do check out what the other Honeys have created with the kit!  I know there will be loads of inspiration from Sandie (London Days), Hazel (Hazel's Paper Designs), Sarah (Sazzle Dazzle Crafts) and Shona (Twine Around).  I am so lucky to have a chance to play along with such sweet blog friends :)
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 

9 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah, you totally took the contents of the kit and ran with it!! All of your cards are so clever and beautiful and you had such amazing ideas. I absolutely love the blended colours you used with the Lacy Flower die, its stunning. And the striped pink paper with the matching fuchsia flowers is genius. You have really amazed me with your creativity! I'm off to see what Sandie did now. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, STUNNING, Sarah!! What an awesome foursome!! What you did with that lacy die took my breath away! Your bunny hopping landscape is way tooo cute - that tagged sentiment in the corner is lovely!! ADORE the composition of the fuschia card - dotted border?? Totally inspired!! And the framed tulip is a classic beauty at its best! Truly adorable! SO clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sarah, these cards are amazing. You used the patterens paper so well. Love the ombré sponging on the flower card, such a cool idea. Beautiful colouring on the pink card with the flowers and what a fab design for the green Spring card. Amazing set x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I am just in awe of your creations Sarah! Swooning like crazy. Your blended lacy die one blew me away and I was trying to work out how you'd done that but had forgotten about the plain matching shaped panel. Gorgeous colours to mix and blend. Loving that delightful bunny landscape card and what a neat and clever idea. Perfect CAS use of the design paper on the other 2, awesome colouring and I'm so inspired by the fact you've coloured the sentiment panels to match the colour scheme on your cards too. Just brilliant work! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful! I love seeing what you ladies do with the kits you share...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah! all four of your cards are just precious! My fave has to be the pink with your beautifully colored fuchsias! So beautiful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. A quartet of beauties, Sarah! They are all gorgeous but I think the second is my favorite - that inked panel is perfect! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All super cards...what a great kit to play with! Sop many fun elements there! I really love that Waffle Flower die, such pretty inking behind it! And your pink floral card for CASology is stunning! Thanks for joining in the PINK fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All such beautiful card Sarah! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete