Saturday 2 April 2016

Less Is More #270

Hello!

As we head in to another weekend we are back with a new challenge from Less Is More.  This time we are looking for white space that is NOT white!  This was lots of fun and I was inspired to make several cards :)

First up I white embossed on to a navy card base:


I masked off a square and white embossed the lovely chrysanthemum stamp from Uniko Studio and combined it with a sentiment from Hero Arts.  I added some white ink around the mask to create a frame effect and used white pencil on the flower to give the image a bit more depth.  I quite like how this turned out!

 
I continued with the theme of white embossing on this card, embossing one of the fabulous Tim Holtz fashion stamps on a charcoal grey base.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  A few white enamel dots finish that card off.



Finally I decided to use a kraft card as my not white space and embossed a Persian Motif stamp from Altenew which I coloured with pencils.  I love the look this gives on kraft.  A simple one layer card.

I hope these cards demonstrate that you can create a CAS design without white space!  Do check out the rest of the fabulous inspiration from the LIM DT.  To top things off we are joined by the lovely Liz from Crafty Sunflower - she is such a talented cardmaker!

Thanks as always for stopping by :)

Sarah x



25 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah! That navy card is so elegant! Really like the application of white ink round the mask to give the impression of a layer. Your black and white one is so funky but I adore the delicate colouring on the Kraft card.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three stunning card, Sarah. I especially love the first one and I love how you've created the frame - very clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning trio, I especially like the OL colouring on kraft, love this technique. Oh and your card using Uniko is always a FAVE too ;) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three fantastic cards! It's really great seeing the different coloured bases in action, and the stamps and sentiments you've chosen are lovely. Thank you so much for the inspiration! By the way, the link from LIM to this post may be broken - I got an error message and had to navigate here manually (but it was well worth the effort lol) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fantastic !!! Came over do see how you made the blue one and find so much more inspiration from you.
    TFS all that lovlies
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, Sarah- a great variety of colours and stamp styles and I love the frame on the first card!! :)
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. White space that's not white... That might be difficult for some but apparently not for you! Wonderful cards! Love the sponged frame around the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I thught your card on LIM was a beauty! But the other two are that aswell! Great inspiration as allways! Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards Sarah. Love the bald as a base. Love this theme, hoping to play along if time allows!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all completely stunning Sarah!
    The shading on your last one is magical!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, those cards are brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, those cards are brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you now hold the title of Queen of Non-White-White space cards, Sarah! These are all magnificent!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...all very elegant cards. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG Sarah you are showcasing your stash to perfection as always! Love your clever non-white white space and each so striking and unique. Think the kraft one tops it for me but then that's Altenew for you!!!!! Have a perfect week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three absolutely amazing and beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three absolutely amazing and beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All beautiful creations!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three lovely, inspirational cards. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah I always love colouring on kraft but wow, you have excelled yourself with the shading on this one! Two dark and dramatic cards look amazing also.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 3 great cards Sarah! I love the chalked frame on the first one to add interest, along with the enamel dots on the second one. Your colouring on Kraft is a favourite technique of mine - yours is very pretty in pink indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three fabulous cards and all so different, glad I came by as i simply adore the last one beautifully coloured.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. A wonderful set of cards - I love all the different coloured bases you used.

    ReplyDelete