Friday 31 August 2018

At the seaside

Hello!

I had a piece of card sitting on my table that I had used to mop up some blue watercolours and decided to use it to make these two sea themed cards.


Obviously I was going to use my surfer stencil on this watery background and I simply inked through it in Stormy Sky distress ink.  I added some pencil shading and white highlights to help the image pop a bit more against the background.  I love the movement that the background creates!  The sentiment is from the Boho Vibes stamp set that is available from Thats Crafty.

I shall link this card up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes and at Time Out where our inspirational quote is:


The life is good and beach vibe were my inspirations.

I used the remainder of the watercolour card with this lighthouse stamp which came free with a magazine.  I simply coloured it with promarkers and cut it out.  The sentiment is from Stamplorations.


I hope you like these cards and the watery effects!

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. WOW fabulous cards especially love the surfer one.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of that background on both cards, Sarah ... the lighthouse scene is peaceful and serene ... and wow, what a fantastic sense of movement and energy in that surfer ... definitely a happy Beach Boy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that background is so perfect with your surfer stencil - I can't believe that it was just a piece you were using to mop up watercolour - it looks like it was painted for that design! Great to see you at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. To think you made these gorgeous cards with a mop up piece of cardstock just blows my mind. That stenciled surfer fits perfectly into the water look background and the lighthouse is beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete