Sunday 21 October 2018

Stars at Night

Hello,

This week's challenge at Simon's Monday Challenge is Starry Night which seemed like the perfect opportunity to use my Shooting Stars stencil:



I made a galaxy background by using brightly coloured colour bursts on watercolour card and colouring over them with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide and Black Soot Distress Ink.  I splattered with water and with white paint.  Once dry I then pounced through my shooting star stencil with flitterglu and used silver gilding flakes.  Finally, I used ultra thick embossing powder on some of my mdf stars in silver and purple.  The sentiment is by Uniko and is white embossed.

I really liked this effect - it was a lot of fun to make :)

You can find the stencil in my Folksy store:

Shooting Stars Laser Cut Mylar Stencil

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful! I really love how you did the background and how it is so full of movement and energy! The subtle color blending in your galaxy is absolutely stunning. I also really love the reassuring sentiment and am so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete