Sunday 17 March 2019

CAS Stencil Challenge

Hello!

As someone who makes and sells stencils, I am a big fan of the CAS Stencil Challenge run by the talented Loll :)  This month the focus is on using the ghosting technique with your stencil and I decided to create a watery scene:


I scribbled blue and green gelatos on to a piece of card and blended them with some water.  Once dry, I laid my droplets background stencil over the top and rubbed through it with a wet wipe, removing some of the colour.  I simply added a fab MFT fish and sentiment to complete the design.  

I had completely forgotten about this technique so the challenge was a great prompt to try it again!

This is the stencil that I used:


Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. Your inking looks like sun streaming through the water, Sarah. Such a pretty card. Now that I have my new FF stencils I'm going to try the technique again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your gelatos blended background colors for your ghosted stencil image. Loved your stencil too. BTW, did you design the stencil? The perfect card design for your background with your added fish and sentiment. TFS and I am so pleased Sarah that you joined us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your stencils in your store. Gorgeous designs, Sarah.

      Delete
  3. That stencil worked perfectly for your ghosted ocean background for your pretty orange fish Sarah! Love the added enamel dots and dark sentiment strip! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil! How fun that you design stencils!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! You did a beautiful job with the ghosting technique on this card! I love how your stencil creates a feeling of movement and your color palette is just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CAS Stencil Challenge!

    PS: It's always fun to see your beautiful stencils being used for our challenge...in fact, I'm long overdue a visit to your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ghosted background Sarah, the gelatos look fabulous with this technique. Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sarah!! Love your gorgeous colours and the ghosting turned out fabulous! Love the sweet little fish and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete