Saturday 3 January 2015

Getting Started

Hello!

We have had a slow start to 2015 after our last set of visitors left but I think that I am back in the crafty zone and ready for the next round of challenges!

I have two cards to share today.  First up is a card that I made for CASology last week but have only just got round to posting.  I am finding it a nightmare to take a decent photo at the moment so please bear with me.  The cue card at CASology is Light:



I have used these fab Hero Arts Written in the Stars stamps in a chalkboard style....To add to the chalkboard look I cut a frame from beautiful MME woodgrain papers several times to create dimension around the main image. 

Secondly is a card for the latest SSS Flickr Group Challenge #9 which is to celebrate something new.  I have gone with new baby:

 
I have white embossed the lovely handwritten border sentiment from SSS combined with my new More Stories stamps from Avery Elle.  I already had the first Storybook set and Santa bought me this follow up which I love.  The fox is coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils and the sky is inked with Distress Inks.  The panel is die cut with a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle.
 
As the card features my brand new stamps I will also join up at the fantabulous Darnell's latest NBUS challenge:
 
 
It would also be rude not to link up to SSS Wednesday's Challenge which is Anything Goes :)
 
That's it from me for today.  I hope your first weekend of 2015 is a good one!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. That heart's brilliant, Sarah ... love how the chalking around it gives it such a wonderful glow! Sweet baby card ... such a lovely soft inked sky! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that heart Sarah and that sponged background on the baby card is perfect! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Sarah - particularly love the second one.
    Perfect colouring and layout
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards I still have to try my hand at those beautiful backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems to me that you never stop creating despite being busy, having visitors, etc.! You just keep creating all those pretty cards like the fun chalkboard one or the sweet baby card! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both gorgeous, Sarah! I love the chalk effect on the first card and your inked sky and sweet fox just made me go, "Awww!" Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!! What a very cool way to create dimension for the chalkboard x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sentiment and so beautifully chalk-effect on the first! The frame works perfect! What a sweet fox on that beautiful background on your second... Enjoy ypur sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're off to a great start, Sarah. I love the frame around the first card, and the second one is so cute. Love the background and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New year, Sarah! What a great way to ring in the new year...two great cards and lots of fun challenges! I love the chalkboard effect on your first card...and such a great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWE-mazing cards, Sarah! You just slipped in that bit about layering the w/g paper to make a frame around your pretty chalkboard heart, but, holy cow, girl, what a genius idea which I LOVE!! Everything else about both cards is also incredible, even fantabulous (right back at ya!) and your sponging of the sky is flawless! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3!! If I haven't said it before, I wish you all the best in the new year!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool cards - like them both Sarah! Especially the chalk board one - love that wooden frame! If you have trouble photographing - why don't you make yourself a light box - it's cheap and really helps! Would not want to live without mine...I have a "tutorial" on my blog - you can check it out here: http://fun-stamping.blogspot.com/2014/01/photographing-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't agree more Sarah it would be rude for you not to play along lol
    Your cards are both gorgeous Sarah! Your heart card is so striking and lovely and I love the adorable little fox.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever take on the cue card, Sarah! I love the chalkboard effect and how fabulous it pops against the woodgrain background! I also love how you created the sky on your 2nd card, and your little fox is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely gift from Santa!! Your Avery Elle card is so beautiful, your so good with your colour blending. And I don't know how you got your CASology card to shine but it looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards! Love the chalkboard effect on the first one! And that new baby card is so sweet! Love the way you created the distressed sky and the font of the sentiment is perfectly whimsical and cute!

    ReplyDelete