Monday 5 January 2015

Recycle It

Hello!

Well I guess that we are now well and truly back in to the routine after the Christmas hols - the boys are (reluctantly) back to school and I am back to de-icing the car and battling through the traffic to get to work.  But, on the bright side, I do have a card to share with you that I have made for the new challenge over at Make The Day Special :)

The challenge this month is to recycle - that can be to use items which you would otherwise throw away or to use a household item to stamp or create with.  Some of the DT have ideas for you over at Make The Day Special blog and there will be more to follow over the next few weeks.  The challenge is open until 10 pm on 26 Jan so you have plenty of time to go through your recycling bins!

Did I mention that our favourite entry gets a £15 voucher to the store?!


Here is what I came up with:


I used some old wrapping paper to die cut the Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle and the leaves from Reverse Confetti's Petals n Posies set.  It looks like real burlap, don't you think?  I also found some leftover felt from one of the boys Christmas school project so die cut two of the Petals n Posies flowers from that.  The Hello die is from Mama Elephant, stacked up several times for a bit of dimension and the 'friend' sentiment is from Winnie and Walter.  I inked around the inside of the rectangle with Antique Linen distress ink for a bit of definition and added a button and bit of twine to finish.  The wrapping paper does need to be adhered to cardstock to use for die cutting.

I hope you like my rustic design!  Head on over to the MTDS blog to see what Tara and Jenny have created - they are very clever.

I will also link up at SSS Wednesday Challenge which is still Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by - it brightens my day :)

Sarah x


10 comments:

  1. It goes look like real burlap. Love all the texture Sarah. Shower is up and going here as everyone is up and getting ready for school too! Traffic will be worse for me too...enjoyed less traffic while everyone was off school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully rustic, Sarah ... that wrapping paper really does look like burlap ... and the felt flowers are so sweet ... this is positively touchable! Happy first week back to work! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, is this ever beautiful, Sarah! It sure does look like real burlap! I love how you compose the card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous texture Sarah and love the touch of colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great burlap-texture! Love the combination with the fresh colours! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really fooled me - looks like real burlap. So pretty with that wonderful hello die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should just say "ditto" because I was going to comment on the realistic burlap, too. I also like the inking on the smallest layer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really thought it was burlap...how clever you are! Such a pretty flower and I love, love the sentiment! Beautiful card, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card - the texture effects are gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Recycling made stylish!! That wrapping paper looks so real too!

    ReplyDelete