Sunday 11 January 2015

Sunday Crafting

Hello!

I hope your weekend is going well.....we are all chillaxing here as the effort of a week at school and work has left us all exhausted!  I don't think the boys have got out of their pjs :)

That has left me a bit of time to get crafty so I can't complain.

In particular, I have wanted to play along with Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues for ages and have never made the deadline.  Finally....here is my card:



I loved the soft pastel colours and sprinkles from the inspiration photo and decided to play with my new WPlus9 sparkle and shine die.


I die cut two rectangles from Lawn Fawn in patterned paper and combined with a cute little envelope from Lil Inkers in to which I put some pastel sequins.  The sentiment is stacked up for dimension and I added WoS to give extra sparkle.  A few sequins are adhered outside the envelope on the card base to give the extra look of sprinkles.  I don't often work with a pastel colour palette but like how this turned out.

I also decided to play along with Fusion this week - which I think is another first.  It is their one year anniversary and I really loved the inspiration photo and all of the fab designs from the DT and their guests.  I loved the combination of the pink and gold with the chalkboard:

 
The chalkboard panel is from a 6x6 paper pad called The Story of Us by Simple Stories.  I cut that out and layered over some gold and pink patterned papers.  Very simple - but I don't think I would ever have thought to use that panel on a card until I saw the Fusion challenge.
 
Finally, here is a card that I made for CASology where the cue card is date.  I am terrible for forgetting dates, particularly birthdays and figured that this is a card I am likely to need to use this year:
 
 
I am using fab stamps and stencils from Create A Smile - who have another great release going live this weekend. Definitely worth checking out.  I love the star stencil and have lightly inked it to create a fade out background for my cute monster.  I am still practicing colouring with my Chameleon pens so don't look too closely :)

Not too bad for a weekend's work?!  I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x
 

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, Sarah - all three! Beautiful work - love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trio of amazing cards! I love, love, love all of them...the sentiment on your Fusion cards makes me smile! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous cards, Sarah ... you've captured Taheerah's inspiration photo beautifully with this little envelope shaker, your chalkboard is perfect and that little monster is just a cutie! Brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun background you've created with that stencil! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got some great crafting time in! Amazing collection of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So happy you had a chance to play along at last!! Such a pretty combination of those patterns and colours, and I love the raised sentiment over the fun shaker bag! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for lightening up my day with three gorgeous cards! A pretty pastel one that is a perfect take on the inspiration photo, a beautiful black board one, and a very cute little monster card! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you played with the colors on your first card, and the die cut sentiment is gorgeous! I also love your take on the Fusion challenge, and your last card is absolutely adorable! I think you'll be forgiven once the recipient sees this cute little critter and beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, what wonderful cards! I especially love the little monster card...I've been known to send a few late birthday cards myself! Such a cute design, I'm sure the recipient will forgive you! :) Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you have been busy, adore the pastels card, looks good enough to eat and fab take on the fusion photo and what a CAS take on the sketch, clean and crisp. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All there of these are gorgeous, Sarah! I especially love how the stenciled center grounds the images on your third card. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards, love your CASology card, your background is brilliant. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them all! Awesome chalkboard panel to work with! Thanks for helping us celebrate Fusion's one Year Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, have a huge problem with challenges that are only open for a week! I love your answer to the prompt over at Taheerah's. What a great shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What I think is that you have three great cards here, Sarah. I have some of those little envelopes and nevr thought to use them in this way, so thanks for the inspiration. Every idea I thought of for the Fusion challenge was too much like all the others. I love how yours looks and to think that the sentiment was already there for you, Yay! The last one is just so darn cute. I can see how this would come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards, Sarah, all three of them! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your gorgeous cards Sarah - the designs are all beautiful! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the vellum on the first, but the second is more "my thing".. That one is my favo! And the way you used the stencil on the third is super! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah three awesome cards for three challenges, love the vellum, the chalkboard and the stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! Came to check your blog out! Love the shaker card for Taheerah's challenge, and also the chalkboard card! Beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. but more heart. Cheap Asics Running Shoes cheap streamer asics tiger mexico 66 sale narrow deep eyes shining, he looked straight, asics tiger mexico 66 sale She likes Asics Australia Online to watch other people's eyes, because this part of asics tiger mexico 66 sale Yancangbuzhu your heart, her eyes looked cheap, asics factory outlet he was waiting, waiting for openings.

    ReplyDelete