Thursday 5 November 2015

Cool Christmas

Hello!

I was inspired to make some Christmas cards with this week's Less Is More challenge to use paper piecing.  I combined some lovely patterned paper from Lawn Fawn along with Uniko's dove which is one of my fave stamps:

 
I silver embossed the dove on to patterned paper and the card base.  I combined it with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted. 

 
As I had paper left over I went with the same idea but used a banner die to create a bit of visual interest.

 
Finally, whilst I was playing with my Lawn Fawn paper I used it with this My Favourite Things Christmas die.  Backed with acetate it is perfect for a shaker card.  I added a Uniko snowflake in the middle.  This is an easy make which would work in a heap of different colours.
 
I hope you like the blue and silver combo for Christmas!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. A lovely trio of Holiday cards! The patterned paper is so pretty and I love all the different ways you have used it! The color combo is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect choice of paper for these two super cards Sarah!
    Beautifully done!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So serene, elegant and just gorgeous Sarah
    Stunning paper-piecing and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Christmas cards, Sarah! I love the patterned papers you chose, especially for the doves...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and silver is my fave Christmas colour combo, and your doves look great embossed in silver on this lovely paper. Three beautiful cards.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas cards, Sarah. Love the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeousness, Sarah ... one of my fave colour combo's ... you've made it magical! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab bunch of cards Sarah! The dove is lovely, I prefer the first, oh so simple, design. And that die gives a brilliant shaker - great idea!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete