Saturday 20 February 2016

A Card for CASology

Hello!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend :)  I had great plans to get lots of crafting done but the day seems to have got away from me somehow and I haven't been as productive as I intended!  However I did want to play along with CASology and managed to make this card inspired by the cue card - Egg:



I don't really send Easter cards so do not have many egg related stamps and was scratching my head a bit about what to do for this week's card.  However, I remember that I had got this stamp from Clarity ages ago and have yet to ink it up.  I love the way she is running :)  I coloured my chicken with pencils and used a Tim Holtz stencil to ground the image, adding a bit at the top to soften the white space.  The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti.

I just need to find someone who likes chickens to send it to!

I will also link up at Addicted to Stamps where the theme this week is Anything Goes.

I hope to be more productive tomorrow so may have something more to share then :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x


13 comments:

  1. What a fantastic stamp Sarah and your pencil colouring is fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring on that chicken - it looks almost alive! Also love the bit of stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stamp! Beautifully colored too! I don't send Easter cards either so I love that you made it for a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love how you've coloured the chicken and the stencilling is perfect with her, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh! This is super, Sarah. Great coloring, super design. Great chicken stamp - is it still available? I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colouring and love the dots; they seem to go so natural with the chicken!
    The same happened to me today; lots of plans, but time just flew with doing all little things...hope to get inky tonight... Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So brilliant, Sarah ... that chicken is fantastic ... puts me in mind of the Famous Grouse ads! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable. I love that wonderful chicken and how perfectly you colored it. Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous stamp, Sarah. You've colored it so beautifully. Such a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Sarah..how fabulous is your beautifully coloured chicken; it reminds me of the Bantam roosters my grandparents used to have on their farm! Thank you so much for sharing this gem - and your artistry - at ATSM's Anything Goes challenge!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really neat chicken, Sarah, and I love the way you used the stencil to ground her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always struggle with CAS but your card has everything: great layout, fab coloring and a punny sentiment - thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete