Sunday 28 February 2016

Distressed Squares

Hello!

I have been catching up with lots of work over the weekend and not had the chance to get anything made until this evening....I can't believe it is Monday tomorrow :( 

I wanted to get an entry in to this week's CASology challenge where the cue card is Distress and my design was inspired by the geometric challenge at Inkspirational.  Here is what I came up with:


 

I used a Memory Box die to create the apertures and popped the panel up over the distress ink card base - Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass and Cracked Pistachio.  A strip of black glitter card and a sentiment white embossed on black add some contrast.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps - have you heard the sad news that the store is closing?  Head over to pick up a set before Claire closes up at the end of March.  I am a huge fan of WMS and Claire's designs.

I will also link up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah
    I just look at your card at CASology challenge and fall in love with your geometri
    so cool and so soft color
    I love this and will CASE ing one day
    GREAT card miss lady
    I used nearly the same color but I choose bunny image
    would you like to visit me back sweety?
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love those squares and the colours behind them. Great design! Nice to see you over at Ink too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool card Sarah - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! You rocked this die and the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. Beautiful colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful eye catching , perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, crisp, fresh ... love the ombré inking behind those graphic squares, Sarah ... so scrumptious! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so cool! (in many cool-ways!)
    Congrats to be in the LIM-team! Super to see you there aswell!
    Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really neat card! I love the squares over the distressed portion.

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic design. Love how you used the negative space. Would you mind telling me the name of the die you used? Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So graphic, Sarah, and beautiful with that inky blue behind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great geometric design! I love the blue/green colors you chose to use and the black adds a great punch of boldness!
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card. I love the colour combination.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! Such a fantastic design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is fantastic! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool card! Love the ombre effect and the die is great x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your geometric card, Sarah. Quite clever to add the varied colors behind it, too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete