Friday 12 February 2016

Wild Hibiscus

Hello!

I am in love with the Wild Hibiscus set from Altenew :)  I have been playing with it for the last few days and love the sketchy, loose feel of the flowers and images.

 
I masked and stamped the florals around the corner on the first card and watercoloured with very pale colours to create a soft, washed out feel.  I will link this card up at Time Out's current word inspiration challenge - Love is the flower you've got to let grow. 
 
 
I masked a line across the card and stamped the florals along it.  This time I used more vibrant colours (Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Ripe Persimmon etc) to watercolour the images.  I used a black marker pen to add definition and a sentiment from another Altenew set.  I will ink this one up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge to create a one layer design and at Addicted to CAS where the code word is Bloom.
 
I hope you like my floral cards!
 
Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. Your flower cards are delightful! Soft colors or bright colors - they are both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous way to show how these stamps can be used so differently. Great masking and love the softness of your first card. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Sarah these are simply AWESOME! What fantastic colouring and I love both the delicate pastels to the first oooh! and that yummy vibrancy in the second. Fantastic scenes and layouts on both and looks like another Altenew set to add to my wish list!!!! Thanks for playing at ATCAS. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your fabulous cards, especially love the second.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards and beautiful coloring! thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sarah, I love that new set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two really gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love how you enhanced the sketchy nature of these flowers on the first one, and how you colored them on the 2nd one...WOW! Beautiful butterfly and bird, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS! I miss you being on the team...hope school is going well ~ Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous, Sarah ... fabulous vibrant colouring on the second ... and such a wonderfully, soft, dreamy look with the delicate wash of watercolour on the first! So happy to have you playing along again with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Altenew always make the most beautiful flower stamps and you really made them shine on both of these cards. The sentiment for your first card is so sweet and true and the soft pink colouring is perfect. The bright colours of your second card make this such a happy design and your so good with your masking skills!! Looking forward to seeing more of these flowers on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous. So beautifully colored and I am obsessed with that image. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinning again. I love the way you've masked and stamped the Wild Hibiscus and the soft color is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete