Monday 8 February 2016

Honey I Shrunk the Kit

Hello!

Every few months a few blog friends put together a mini kit and share the creations that they have made with it. 



The idea, originated by the lovely Hazel from Hazel's Paper Designs, was to put together a small A6 size kit which wouldn't be too costly to post and she, Shona from Twine Around and I have been sharing our mini kits for a year.  It has been a lot of fun and this year we been joined by 2 more blog pals....the amazing Sarah Platt from Sazzle Dazzle and Sandie from London Days.  They are both amongst my fave cardmakers so I am really excited to see what they come up with :)

I put the kit together this time with the theme 'You Are A Gem' and it was full of sparkly themed items!  I managed to make 4 cards and here they are:

 
I watercoloured the Hero Arts starry background die and combined it with the sentiment (from WPlus9) and some glitter tape. 
 
 
I added some blue watercolour to the card base to set off the sparkly diamond die (Lil Inkers).  A strip of patterned paper and glitter tape along the edge.  The die cut shine is from WPlus9.

 
I watercoloured lots of gem stamps from WPlus9, cut them out and created a pile of gems combined with the punny sentiment.
 
 
Before watercolouring it I inked through the Hero Arts die cut to create a starry panel and added some splatters and ink along the edges.  A few die cut stars frame the sentiment from WPlus9.
 
Here is the kit that we have used this month:
 
 
 
 
I hope you check out the fab designs by Hazel, Shona, Sandie and Sarah.
 
Thanks for sticking with me through all of these photos!
 
See you again soon,
 
Sarah x
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are SO clever!! I absolutely LOVE how you have layered your cardstock! That punny card with the gems is a scream! Such an awesome layout. They all have such awesome layouts! I still have those two sheets of patterned paper (I ruined the side of one of them with an 'experiment' gone wrong, but I will still be able to use the other side. SO beautiful! WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, these are all so incredible!!! That blue water colouring on your first card is beautiful and love the strips of glitter top and bottom. Your gem over the blue water colour is a wonderful way to show it off and love the dark paper strip down the side. I was thinking of piles of gems too when I made my shaker card, so its funny seeing your with a similar idea. It looks fantastic and love it paired with that cool background paper. And love all those coloured stars for your last card, goes perfectly with the sentiment. It was the most brilliant kit, thank you so much for putting together so many wonderful elements. Your going to be a hard act to follow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look all so great! Like that each one is a bit different and that you used so many techniques! I'll hop over to see what the others made with your great kit! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards Sarah, loving your colours and the sparkle sentiments. Such a fab way to keep in touch with friends, clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for the warm welcome and this kit was a joy to play with. Great water colouring here. Love the touch of silver on the forst card and great water colour base for the gem and strip of patterned paper. What a cool collection of gems. I wasn't so sure what to do with these but this gives me an idea! I also used the die to sponge some stars but this card will be coming out later-doesn't it make a lovely collection of stars. Thanks for putting this set together, it was such fun to play with x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've rendered me speechless Sarah which is a pretty tough task!
    Don't know how many times I've scrolled up and down this page in sheer delight at your cards. Literally swooning. These should be in a shop for sure! Thanks for the lovely shout out and I'm loving HISTK - never had so many wonderful comments in one day. But back to your cards OH MY! They are the most gorgeous colours, the watercolouring on the star panel is exquisite. Love the You Rock sentiment with added rock! Oh awesome perfection. I can see why you purchased all these goodies. Simply yummy! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so fun for all of us that you kit gals have expanded! You really rocked this kit with your fun and sparkly makes, Sarah! You turned the kit into, well, gems!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you created so many cards with this wonderful kit! Looks like yhad fun and went to town with so many beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete