Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Round Up!

Hello!

The last day of 2014 has finally rolled around.  I have loved my cardmaking this year and started this blog in March.  I wasn't too sure when I started it whether it would be the kind of thing that I would be able to keep up alongside work and family commitments but I have really enjoyed becoming part of this community and have made some lovely blog friends over the past nine months!  In fact I have published 198 blog posts this year and received over 2,300 kind comments - thank you to all who stop by, your encouragement and supportive words mean a huge amount to me :)

I have seen lots of inspiring posts from bloggers who have picked out their favourite cards of the year.  I have enjoyed looking back over my posts this year and have chosen the following selection to share with you.  It was a tough job getting it down to my top 12 and I left out favourite Christmas cards which I posted here!  Apologies for such a photo heavy post.  I hope you stick with me....


























My favourite crafty things this year have definitely been stencils.  I have dabbled with watercolouring but not really got bitten by the bug!  I have loved playing in challenges as well which I think have really helped me to develop and try new things.  I have had a great time on the design teams for A Blog Named Hero and Time Out.  My stint at ABNH has come to an end but I am starting the new year on the design team for Make The Day Special - my favourite online store for all of the fabulous American releases so I am looking forward to having lots of fun with Tara and the talented DT!

My crafty new year resolutions are to play along in more sketch challenges (sketches scare me!), make more one layer cards (the fabulous Shery from Stamplorations has a one layer challenge starting in January so that is good timing) and to have a go at mixed media which fascinates me.  I am not sure where to start with it given I have a mainly CAS style but would love to give it a go - I love the texture and richness of mixed media creations that I have seen online.....

I hope that you have a wonderful new year and are looking forward to lots of crafty adventures in 2015.  I look forward to seeing what you get up to and thank you again for supporting me over this past 9 months :)

Bye for now! 

Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure to look back at some of the wonderful cards you have been posting! Looking forward to more fabulous creations from you in 2015! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, Sarah! You have such a wonderful style! I've enjoyed stopping by your blog and seeing what creativity you have to share! Here's to a wonderful New Year with even more crafty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great selection, Sarah - looking forward to more of your lovely creations in 2015 - have a wonderful new year in every way!! coincidentally, your first card has the same color scheme as one of mine that i chose as a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed seeing your faves, Sarah! So many of them are also my favorites! Your CAS style is just beautiful and I'm so happy that you'll be venturing into new styles in the new year! Congrats on your new DT spot. too...sounds like it will be great fun!
    I hope 2015 brings you and your family much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all you've accomplished, it's hard to believe you've only been at this 9 months, Sarah. There's a lot of talent there for sure. I hope you have a happy and crafty New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful designs on all of your favs posted here Sarah! Wishing you a Happy Crafty 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its been lovely getting to know you too!! I love the cards you chose for this post and I recognise the cards that I loved and first started noticing your designs. Your blog has done so well this year and I'm really looking forward to what you create for 2015. Congrats on the new DT position, they will love having you I'm sure. Your an incredible card maker and I just know your followers will grow and grow as this year goes on. And I feel very special to have you as a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year sarah! I have loved stopping by your blog and seeing all your beautiful cards - I can't wait to see what you come up with this year:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Sarah! great selection of cards here too, all just fabulous.I adore MTDS store too, look forward to seeing your makes ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful seeing your fantastic array of fave cards, Sarah ... my fave's the third one ... it had me gasping and my chin hitting the floor when I first saw it! Looking forward to seeing you over at MTDS ... what a brilliant asset to the team you'll be! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great to see these cards again! And they show your beautiful style so well! Great to see that you also love to work with stencils and incorporate them so well on your cards! Looking forward to see how you get allong with your resolutions for this year! I have to take a look at MTDS; think I haven't been there before... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete