Tuesday 9 December 2014

Normal service is resumed.....

Hello!

Following yesterday's unscheduled detour from Christmas cardmaking I am pleased to announce that normal service is resumed and I am back with some festive cards :) 


This is a card I made using the beautiful winter vines set from Uniko Studio.  I simply drew a circle and stamped the images in first and second generation ink.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  I shall link up at Uniko's current Anything Goes challenge - my last entry, I promise!

Next up is a card that I made using a new set of stamps from Altenew that I got from Make the Day Special.  I love these silhouettes and went with the stags head:



I stamped the stags head in red (obviously!) and cut it out.  I mounted it on a die cut circle stamped with the fab woodgrain from Waltzingmouse Stamps and then on another circle which I inked and then dusted with Perfect Pearls.  It is quite golden in real life but looks like woodgrain on here which I like too :)  Some gold splatters, gold thread and a sentiment from WPlus9 to finish.

I shall link up at Simon Wednesday's Challenge - Christmas/holidays.

I hope you like these Christmas cards - they are quite different styles!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Sarah! I especially love the first one, it's so sweet and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such great cards, Sarah ... the wreath is so soft and delicate ... and the stag is wonderfully rustic and bold! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with the Uniko stamps, I think you have nearly used all of the stamps in the Uniko set! Thanks for joining our challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they are different, Sarah, which just shows your versatility. I love the wreath and that card is definitely pinned for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards, Sarah! I love how you created your wreath with all those beautiful flowers and stems...wow! I also love how you placed the woodgrain panel behind the stag...it's so authentic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny, they can nearly call the Uniko Challenge the 'Sarah and Shona Challenge' we have both entered so many times!!! You've really inspired me with your wreath card. I don't have many flowery stamps but the ones I do have, I'm never sure how to use them. I love the way you put the wreath together and might just have to CASE this one, if you don't mind. And didn't you do a fantastic job of cutting out the deer head!! A gorgeously dramatic card and love it with the modern font. Two weeks to go, I need at least another two weeks to get ready for Xmas. Hope your doing better with christmas prep than me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards again Sarah, love the perfect stamping on the first one and that stags head on the second one really makes the card. Thanks for the lovely comments again too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so adorable :) love the beautiful wreath !

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful how you used the tiny stamps! Perfect stamping! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete