Friday 26 December 2014

My Favourite Christmas Cards of 2014

Hello!

Have you been enjoying your Christmas break?  I have had a little meander around blogland this evening and saw that my friend Nonni has taken part in a fun linky over at the fab Debby Yates blog to share our 5 fave Christmas cards of 2014. 


I have had a look back through my posts and came up with the following:



I loved the rustic Christmas trees that Uniko Studio brought out this year and made a number of cards with them.  These trees white embossed against teal with a few pops of red is the favourite card that I made with them.


A card made using my beloved Hero Arts stamps.  I stamped the wreath several times in different greens and stamped some little flowers in red to look like poinsettias.  A really simple design but I like the depth created by the layered wreath.



I used a stags head stencil to stamp the Nordic border from Waltzingmouse through in red.  A bit of distress ink around the edges provides some definition.  I like the dimension that this gives even thought it is one layer.



This is a really simple one layer card using a beautiful winter scene from Hero Arts.  Lots of lovely white space!



An inky scene created with distress inks.  I like the details that are outside the masked square.

Thank you for bearing with my fave Christmas cards.  I shall be back tomorrow with a new card.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Sarah x




13 comments:

  1. Oh I absolutely love your selection! That first one with the teal and pops of red is one of my all time favourites, and your one-layer stag head totally captivates me. I am still trying to figure out if the stencilled area is recessed or not. It's like an optical illusion to me. I adore it and need to look at it closer once more. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are superb, I must have missed the Stag/Nordic card, this is so clever and my fav from these x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a gorgeous selection of Christmas cards.
    Thank you for joining in my Favourite Five Christmas Cards.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set of cards Sarah. Think my fave is the winter scene, love the tranquility. We had a bit of snow here yesterday but it is starting to go mushy now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've chosen some really beautiful cards, Sarah! I love your inking on the last one, but they're all really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed a couple of these the first time posted. No wonder they are your favorites. I love the last two with their wonderful inky scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards - especially the stag one - such a cool effect with that Nordic border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sarah, these are all stunning... I obviously LOVE the one I have but the simple sponged and stamped designs are fab too! Beautiful display of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah this is a stunning series of Christmas designs and such a wonderful reflection of your awesome creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing them. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous selection of cards, all so beautiful.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited to see my Christmas Card as one of the Top 5!!!! I hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas and are ready for your next visitors. We have been doing all sorts of outdoor activities which has taken me away from the computer (which is probably a good thing.....) and I have a rather fabulous tan (sorry to rub that in.....). We have all eaten too much and swum a lot and just waiting now for Dave to get back so we can go for a swim again. The weather has been perfect and boiling hot, although we could do with some rain. I totally agree with your top 5 cards, especially the first one with the rustic trees. So looking forward to seeing what you come up with for 2015!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five gorgeous Christmas cards, Sarah! Thanks so much for sharing your talent! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous selection, Sarah ... and such a tough job to choose just five faves ... these are all beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete