Tuesday 2 December 2014

Stencil Fun

Hello!

I have been to the dentist today and feel rotten so this is a quick post....

The current challenge at the SSS Flickr Group is to use stencils.  I do love my stencils....

 

I coloured some white cardstock with Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks and die cut the SSS balloons.  I put versamark ink through the SSS Falling Stars and Diagonal Stripes stencils and then dusted them with Perfect Pearls in gold and blush.  I did the same in the background and gold embossed the sentiment and stars from the SSS birthday set.  The pearls give a subtle shimmer and interest.

I will also link up at SSS Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes and at Virginia's View Challenge which, this month, is distress.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better quickly Sarah. Love all the soft stenciling. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow I love how you stenciled on your background and your beautiful balloons Sarah. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I just ordered that diagonal striped one because I have seen you use it in so many fabulous ways!
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I love the techniques you used, Sarah! Those colors are so beautiful! Fabulous card! Thank you for playing in the SSS Flickr challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better now. You do amazing cards with stencils, I have one!! Great use of colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful birthday card, Sarah! I love the blend of colors and how you played with your stencils! LOVE all the shimmer from Perfect Pearls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Sarah! fabulous card, so pretty! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so pretty - I love how you used Perfect Pearls to accent the balloons - the shimmer is awesome! I hope you feel better from your dentist visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Sarah I do hope you feel a bit better now, teeth are a real nuisance at times aren't they. Gorgeous card here too, love the use of colour and your pretty design. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments also....so very kind ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the stencils; it all matches so beautifully! Hope your feeling better today. Thank you for the super surprise that came by mail! Enjoy your weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do hope you're feeling much better, Sarah ... just take another look at these wonderful pearly shimmery balloons, that's bound to do the trick ... they're spirit lifting! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The inking is SUPERB, Sarah! I love love the colors and use of stencil!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Distressed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete