Wednesday 17 December 2014

Sunshine Daisies

Hello!

I hope you are having a good week....I decided to take a short break from Christmas card making and think of sunnier days :)  My main reason being that I had recently got the lovely Hello Sunshine Daisies stamp set from Hero Arts and wanted to play with it!

I made 3 cards:



 
They are fairly self explanatory.  I coloured the lovely flowers with distress markers and spritzed with water before stamping on the first two cards and so I will link up at A2Z Scrapbooking's current watercolour challenge and at Virginia's View distressing challenge.
 
I tried something a bit more graphic on the last card by stamping the daisies in grey archival ink and overstamping them with a big circle from a HA set.  I quite like the spring pastels.  I will link this card up at Addicted to Stamps current Anything Goes challenge.  This is a surprisingly versatile stamp set - I don't always go for florals but there are lots of techniques that you could use with these.
 
I still have more Christmas cards to come but am starting to think more about cards that I will need for next year....
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sarah x
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Such pretty florals, looks like such a versatile stamp, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The daisy flowers look really lovely and I love the colours you picked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful and you picked some of my favorite stamps and of course a perfect theme -- Spring and Flowers~ Love Love Love the top two cards, those colors are wonderful! I was so happy to see you shared them at a2z in the Watercolor Challenge -- Perfect and GOOD luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Sarah! Love all three but your design on the first one is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have shown how versatile this set is, Sarah. I love all three of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of this stamp set Sarah, very versatile. Think I like the middle one most, but they are all great.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love how you designed all 3 cards, Sarah! Great idea to use your distress markers, too...Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, love how u showcased this stamp in different ways

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! I love the first one! Thanks for playing along in the a2z challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all lovely, what a beautiful stamp. The first two are so pretty and I love your use of grey on the third, really different feel to the other two, goes to show how versatile some stamps are. Thanks for linking up at ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! I love the flowers on your cards. So nice to see something springy this time of the year instead of winter cards! :) Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very beautiful, I love the different techniques you used for showcasing these pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous daisies, Sarah ... just like a burst of spring sunshine! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your watercolors, Sarah! Makes me look forward to spring. Thanks for playing with us over at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete